2-man Homebuilt Submarine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that is awesome. Very nice work.

Seeing that it was made pre-digital age, I'd probably pay only $250 for it...but for you, I'll pay $500. Once it is built I will paypal you the amount and send you a shipping address!

What a beautiful job you did - very professional - you are obviously very talanted - really impressive.

As a kid, you would see these on the cover of Popular Mechanics sometimes - I always thought it was really cool.

You have to post back - how long did it take you - was it made from a kit - what did it cost in materials - how many hours to build - how it "worked" underwater - and any other info

Lots of people probably wanted to build one; I would bet few actually did - thanks in advance

Does anyone have a sense of the fair market value of this submarine?
About a $1 million for a properly constructed narco-submarine with a payload of 150 tons of cocaine:

The narco submarines can cost up to $1 million USD and take nearly a year to build.

Narco submarine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For those interested, the Undersea Hunter group in Cocos has a submarine available for dives to 400 meters:

UNDERSEA HUNTER

I tried to book a dive when I was there, but National Geographic hogged the sub for my whole stay.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

moved to non-diving related..

I have added a summary specifications page (from the Science Center exhibit) to my photo album.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom