2 dives with Tim and Steve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSeanMaui

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Kidspot, Halemano and I hooked up for a few dives in south maui. Here is my report and photos... It was a pleasure meeting Steve and as always diving with Tim!

Maui Prince

Water Temp: 81
Vis: 50+
Max Depth 45ish

I met up with Steve and Tim for a few dives down south. The Maui Prince is just south of Makena Landing and just North of Black Sand beach. It's a beautiful spot and the grounds of the resort are quite amazing. The hotel is massive and very futuristic looking. Anway, the corals were in very good shape and we saw a few cool things including a Stout Moray, a few Hawaiian Green Lionfish and some other critters. It was a swimming dive but quite interesting. I'm going to have to get back there again. It would be a great night dive spot!

Ahihi Reserve
Water Temp: 81
Vis: 10 - 40 feet
Max Depth: 27 fsw

Ahihi is a very shallow dive. The vis was quite reduced from the first dive. We found a cave with some Bigeye and Spotfin Squirrelfish inside along with a few turtles. We headed around the reef finding a few octopus, some Ewa Fang Blennies, and some nice Butterflyfish. My previous attempts at photography the Ewa Fang Blenny resulted in some motion blur so I decreased my shutter to 125th and it seems to have captured them before they could both with the strobe firing. It's funny since sometimes they will jump out of the frame before the shutter closes.. This dive was lots of swimming... over 2 hours of swim swim swim!!! I was tired after the dive..

Here are my photos:

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

Hey Sean, great diving with you yesterday, and good to finally meet Halemano. I like those nice long, shallow dives... What a great time :)

btw - good shot of that porcupine fish.

Aloha, Tim

Nice dives guys, great shots Sean!

I only liked a few of my shots; full set here (Maluaka and Ahihi).

Here's a few;

Sean giving up the chase

P10100881.jpg

raccoon cap to go with mountain man beard

P10100901.jpg

cowering lionfish

P10100991.jpg

cave octopus

P10101271.jpg

cave lobster

P10101341.jpg

Very cool shots Steve! I never got to the back of the cave so it's great seeing what was up there!
I really like the turtle shots and the Green Lionfish!! Hope we can do it again soon! I'm waiting for Tim's photos! :)

Sean

great shots sean!

is that a Kahuna or Midway Nudibranch?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom