2-24 Monterey Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice job, Larry, glad you got your camera back!

I hope to be able to purchase a drysuit, after my taxes come back, so I can see some of those wonderful sights, also.

Ken, I see a lot more of them with a tank on my back. I'm not much of a freediver, but I did get one last September out of Albion.
Thanks, Chantal. I've been considering going over to the dark side as well. I'm a bit deterred by my wife's experience with her $3000 semi-wet. (In addition to the initial investment, so far $450 in neck zip-seals and several trips to the Dry-suit fixers for what seemed to be a leaky shoulder valve, but now looks like a zipper that likes to back of a quarter inch under the pressure of her backplate shoulder harness.) I'm still shivering in my 6,7,8 semi-dry after the first half hour.

Larry, abs have all but disappeared in Southern California. I almost forgot what they looked like until you posted your photo :). Regarding drysuits, I used a DUI CF200X for over 20 years and really liked it, but last year it was time for a new one. I bought a TLS 350 with the zip seals and rock boots. I also bought DUI's Polartec underwear. So far so good with the suit. It's not as rugged as the CF200 (crushed neoprene) but it's a lot lighter and more comfortable for me. I like the latex seals, with the neoprene seals you had to do a lot of fiddling to make sure they were right, both at the neck and the wrists. But the latex seals just seem to pop on with no significant fiddling. The drysuit is my most important single piece of photographic equipment in California!

Congratulations on the kelp greenling picture. I keep trying to get one, but they are SO skittish . . .

Zahner, I did take a couple of full screen macros on the purple ring top snail, but they came out kind of glared out. I'll post one anyway.
Lynn, I've finally figured out that the Kelp Greenlings tend to come back to the same spot. I just hang there quietly and wait a few minutes for the return trip around the rock. Took me a year of trying to get my first decent shots though. Thanks.

Purple Ringtop (Jewelled) Snail-Crappy overlit picture.
P2240006-02sm.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom