1st time Bio-Fin buyers question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be buying a new pair of the Bio-fin Pros with the C strap, soon.

My question is, I wear a size 10-11 hard sole boot and will be getting a new pair of Henderson 7mm Hyperstretch hard soled boots in probably size 11. I also plan on getting a Pinnacle Evolution 2 drysuit with size 11 Vulcanized boots later this year.

Should I go with a L large or Xtra Large Bio-Fin or will that size be too loose with a size10-11 hard sole boot?

I want to cover all the bases for both wet suit and dry suit boots and not have a too tight foot pocket, but not have it too loose and lose a fin sometime.
Can the stainless steel straps be tightened at all?

I have a pair of TUSA Zooms that fit me well in XL and just wanted to see if can make the same wise decision with the BIOs.

I will be buying a new pair of the Bio-fin Pros with the C strap, soon.

My question is, I wear a size 10-11 hard sole boot and will be getting a new pair of Henderson 7mm Hyperstretch hard soled boots in probably size 11. I also plan on getting a Pinnacle Evolution 2 drysuit with size 11 Vulcanized boots later this year.

Should I go with a L large or Xtra Large Bio-Fin or will that size be too loose with a size10-11 hard sole boot?

I want to cover all the bases for both wet suit and dry suit boots and not have a too tight foot pocket, but not have it too loose and lose a fin sometime.
Can the stainless steel straps be tightened at all?

I have a pair of TUSA Zooms that fit me well in XL and just wanted to see if can make the same wise decision with the BIOs.

The XL size would be our recommendation for your equipment setup. The stainless steel spring straps are set and cannot be tightened. You could go to a smaller length spring. The XL comes standard with a 13" spring. We also have 10" and 12" lengths. As always it is best to try on the actual fins with the boots you plan to use.

Thanks that will give me some lee way or making it tight or tighter depending on fit. How much are the additional springs usually through your dealers.

Thanks that will give me some lee way or making it tight or tighter depending on fit. How much are the additional springs usually through your dealers.

Hi Borg: The c-series springs are $30.00 a pair. As mentioned previously, we have them in 10", 12" and 13" sizes. I do think you will be good to go with the standard XL size.

I have a 10.5 shoe and wear a size 11 boot. I can use the L size but prefer the XL since more of my foot is in the foot pocket and there is not slack on the sides. I have a narrow C size foot and it works fine in the XL using the Apollo drysuit or my full skin Apollo wetsuit with 5mm hard soled boots.

Again, a personal try on is always best.

I went ahead and ordered a Large size today from Scuba Toys. We'll see how they fit and if they are too tight or don't fit well, I'll exchange them for an XL or what Scuba Toys calls a LLarge.
This is the first pair of fins I've ever ordered without trying them on first. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I think you'll be good with the large.
I wear a size 10 and have the Medium fins.
With a hard sole 3 mill henderson 10 bootie, I am snug but fine.

I got the fins in a Large and with my Henderson Hyperstretch size 10, 7mm boot, I am a happy camper. They fit great. I love the way they look and I know I'll love the way they will move me through the water.

Hi Borg: The c-series springs are $30.00 a pair. As mentioned previously, we have them in 10", 12" and 13" sizes. I do think you will be good to go with the standard XL size.

I have a 10.5 shoe and wear a size 11 boot. I can use the L size but prefer the XL since more of my foot is in the foot pocket and there is not slack on the sides. I have a narrow C size foot and it works fine in the XL using the Apollo drysuit or my full skin Apollo wetsuit with 5mm hard soled boots.

Again, a personal try on is always best.

Are c-series springs avaliable for $30. If so, where can I get them?

Thanks

Are c-series springs avaliable for $30. If so, where can I get them? Thanks

digdawg: Just to clarify, The springs themselves are $30.00 per pair in the 10-12-13 inch lengths. The entire C-series Spring strap set is $85.00 per pair.

Sorry for any confusion. I was replying to a question about changing strap lengths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom