1st stage regulator question???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well,

I couldn't resist and www.dolphinscuba.com sold me the set for $75 dollars that's a price match on another dealer that wanted $79 dollars...

Mike...

p.s

Here are my two fins side by side... Clearly the HOG's weigh one pound more than the Atomics...

2a5n8qo.jpg

2cyqg7s.jpg

qsqbkm.jpg

k1xr14.jpg

211npqg.jpg

25swfhv.jpg

9bdwup.jpg

97jt6c.jpg

Last edited:
Ben_CA:
Get some jets from a garage sale or CL or Ebay. Do not pay more than 50 for them.

if i were in your shoes, I would get the jets (or turtles) for $50 or $60, a piece of bungee for $0.50 (Aloha Shore Divers), and hit the tacqueria for a burrito and margarita with the leftover $20-$30 (or put spring straps on layaway :))

You know what they say about advice - Wise men don't need it and fools...

You know what they say about advice - Wise men don't need it and fools...

First blast of the night... I want springs, I don't like straps... Can't get both for the price I paid, so who is the fool?

MG :mooner:

First blast of the night... I want springs, I don't like straps... Can't get both for the price I paid, so who is the fool?

MG :mooner:

Apparently not you.

I doubt you will have any problems with your HOG fins. The Split fin vs Jetfin has been done many times before. My take on it is that split fins are perfectly fine, but they feel really weird after you've gotten used to diving Jets. The split fins are much faster if you do a strong, quick flutter. Trying to keep up with a bunch of AOW students doing their compass runs at top speed makes that pretty apparent. The Jets give you a lot more control, and they don't give you as much rotor wash to stir up all the silt. You can learn to do a back-kick in split fins, but it is different. It kicks up more silt, and it takes more effort.

If you're on a wide open reef, you can get by with either, but in confined spaces, the jet style gives more control.

Tom

Hmmm... I'm late to the party but should probably weigh in. However, given the advice on fins I'm actually reluctant. Appears that you are more likely to take advice that you want to hear. Anyways, the diving wife is 5'4" and she dives double PST HP80s, and a DUI CLX450.

Regarding the HP80s, we're the "short and minority" that rhlee mentions. It's important to note that she uses the Agir Brokk 38# wing, and it's shape helps compensate the top heaviness of the tanks. In addition, she dives with a 6# tailweight. I actually enjoy diving the HP80s as well.

20.100.038-5.jpg

As for hose length, she uses 6' in OW and 7' in cave. With the 6', she routes underneath the can light and doesn't need to tuck. I use a 7' and tuck in the waist band.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom