1st regulator, advice appreciated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomics T3 is all titanium and very expensive. The B2 and the Z2 are not titanium. A sealed B2 or a sealed M1 would work well for the cold. Around here most of the cold water divers use the Apeks XTX 200. Atomic advertised their M1 for cold water. I have had no issues with relatively cold water 39 degrees with the Atomic M1, Apeks XTX200 and ScubaPro Mk19evo /G260

Thank you for your answer Shabaday, the reason I asked was I seen somewhere on this forum that titanium second stage can freeze in very cold water (B2 is titanium made same as T2). I like B2 because it has a swivel, but I suppose I can get M1 and just a hose of B2 with a swivel.
XDeep been recalled last year but I suppose it’s a good thing, new equipment this year should fix whichever problem they had.

Thank you for your answer Shabaday, the reason I asked was I seen somewhere on this forum that titanium second stage can freeze in very cold water (B2 is titanium made same as T2). I like B2 because it has a swivel, but I suppose I can get M1 and just a hose of B2 with a swivel.
XDeep been recalled last year but I suppose it’s a good thing, new equipment this year should fix whichever problem they had.
Someone mentioned the Atomic B2/Z2 first stage to be titanium and it is not. You can run a long hose primary on the M1 second stage. I can't remember but I don't think you will need an additional jam nut since it doesn't come with the comfo swivel but I might be wrong. You can also put a 90 degree swivel on the end of the second stage and route the primary long hose under your right arm. If you get a B2 second stage and want to run a long hose primary then you would need an additional jam nut to put in place where the comfo swivel comes off. The B2 second stage has titanium parts just like the T3 second stage.
The Z3 second stage has precision-machined Brass with Zirconium plating and Titanium components.
The M1 second stage
Designed for cold water diving featuring thermal heat sink and super-dry exhaust valve.
Components made of precision-machined Brass with Zirconium plating and Titanium.

after all the recent problems with apex seats? I think people would advise staying away from them?
400 dives on Apeks and still alive.
Seats can't be a huge problem.
Maintain your gear.

Someone mentioned the Atomic B2/Z2 first stage to be titanium and it is not. You can run a long hose primary on the M1 second stage. I can't remember but I don't think you will need an additional jam nut since it doesn't come with the comfo swivel but I might be wrong. You can also put a 90 degree swivel on the end of the second stage and route the primary long hose under your right arm. If you get a B2 second stage and want to run a long hose primary then you would need an additional jam nut to put in place where the comfo swivel comes off. The B2 second stage has titanium parts just like the T3 second stage.
The Z3 second stage has precision-machined Brass with Zirconium plating and Titanium components.
The M1 second stage
Designed for cold water diving featuring thermal heat sink and super-dry exhaust valve.
Components made of precision-machined Brass with Zirconium plating and Titanium.

Super helpful, thank you mate!
Could you tell me if I get B2 can I switch default hose with this one without jam nut?

Thank you!

Hey folks,

Didn’t want to create a new thread, thought I will ask here.

I am looking for a new reg too, mostly for cold water diving, going to Iceland soon, but mostly diving in 10° C water.
Drysuit and xDeep Zen bcd.
I have 3 options to choose from
xDeep NX700/LS200
Atomic Aquatics B2/Z2
Apeks MTX-RC

What should I go for?

Thanks!!
I have the Xdeep regs, and I love mine. Disregading the current callback, they work d great for me. And I like them much more than my old Apeks 200.

Regularly dove un 4C water withe them.

I have the Xdeep regs, and I love mine. Disregading the current callback, they work d great for me. And I like them much more than my old Apeks 200.

Regularly dove un 4C water withe them.

On the website looks like it comes without hoses, what would you recommend that has a swivel or similar for it?
Thank you!

On the website looks like it comes without hoses, what would you recommend that has a swivel or similar for it?
Thank you!
So, you just buy regular hoses. I got mine w/o hises since I already had my hoses.

As for swivels, you can alway buy a swivel.
I have a 90deg swivel for my short hose.
And a combination of apeks and scubapro hoses.

when I change the hoses I'll probably get the miflex extreme kevlar ones.

No braided hoses for me.

And if you mean if they have a ball swivel lika Atomic, I guess there is a company that makes ones like that.

I think XS scuba has one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom