1st Bali Trip NOV. - need itinerary ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the cabin tip, Judy. We've only done one live-aboard out of SoCal for a few days and it was very basic too. All the bunk beds were next to each other so I was kept awake by a loud snorer. The Komodo boat is definitely an upgrade.

We just realized it'll be full moon in the middle of that trip. Honestly I'm very intimidated by all the Komodo current stories I've read on this board, but we'd still like to go. I read the thread about a group of 6 who dived with reefseekers that got swept away, stayed adrift for 12 hours, and ended up on Rinca for a couple of nights. Wow! I hope it's just the two of us on that boat so we can easily request not-****-your-pants-scary sites.

We just realized it'll be full moon in the middle of that trip. Honestly I'm very intimidated by all the Komodo current stories I've read on this board, but we'd still like to go. I read the thread about a group of 6 who dived with reefseekers that got swept away, stayed adrift for 12 hours, and ended up on Rinca for a couple of nights. Wow! I hope it's just the two of us on that boat so we can easily request not-****-your-pants-scary sites.

Grand Komodo rotates its dive guides throughout all of their destinations, and they are pretty experienced, in my opinion. They are very good at splashing on the right site at the right time to avoid ripping currents, at least as much as possible. Be honest with them about your experience and feelings, and you'll be fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom