1999 and 2004 Inspiration ( urgent )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeCeDiver:
Prices are in € and text in Dutch (sorry). New inspiration 7200 € - electronic upgrades 3995 € - software upgrades 190 € each.

so the new unit is for 7200 euro. with the new electronic with out the deco option yet.
if u had an old unit u have to upgrade it for 3995euro ( that means buying new computers)
and only softwear update for your old module is 190 euro eash.
is this true what I just said ????

The 190 Euro each are to upgrade to Nitrox and Trimix deco software on the new electronics.

wazza:
I would like to know what is the deference between the old Ispiration machine like the one where made in 1999 or 2000 and the one are made in 2004, I know that they have new software for the computers but do they have other stuff changed, please I would like to know anything even the smallest details the deference between both. and how much they are selling the new one now .one more question, if u have the one made in 1999 what would u think should I change with it to be like the one that are made now and how much would it cost? thanks for the help.

Wazza,

You did request known changes however small, so I will tell you of one I'm aware of.

There are atleast two versions of the thermoformed case. The current version has a round depression at the point where the upper harness bolt protrudes (under the scubber) The 8mm flat head bolt is inserted into a thick plastic washer, then through the case.

The earlier version does not have this depression and the case is countersunk for the flathead bolt.

My guess, only a guess, is that the older style with only the countersink may have resulted in the bolt head pulling through the case.

I am aware of these differences as we make an adapter kit to mount our backplate and harness to an Inspiration, and the necessary hardware differs between the two versions.

Regards,

Tobin George

cool_hardware52:
Wazza,

You did request known changes however small, so I will tell you of one I'm aware of.

There are atleast two versions of the thermoformed case. The current version has a round depression at the point where the upper harness bolt protrudes (under the scubber) The 8mm flat head bolt is inserted into a thick plastic washer, then through the case.

The earlier version does not have this depression and the case is countersunk for the flathead bolt.

My guess, only a guess, is that the older style with only the countersink may have resulted in the bolt head pulling through the case.

I am aware of these differences as we make an adapter kit to mount our backplate and harness to an Inspiration, and the necessary hardware differs between the two versions.

Regards,

Tobin George

I will just add that this guy, Tobin George, makes TERRIFIC equipment. Absolutely outstanding! He really knows his stuff!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom