1999 and 2004 Inspiration ( urgent )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wazza

Reaction score
I would like to know what is the deference between the old Ispiration machine like the one where made in 1999 or 2000 and the one are made in 2004, I know that they have new software for the computers but do they have other stuff changed, please I would like to know anything even the smallest details the deference between both. and how much they are selling the new one now .one more question, if u have the one made in 1999 what would u think should I change with it to be like the one that are made now and how much would it cost? thanks for the help.

Hi Bazza,
the Inspiration isn't really my machine, but Madmole has a pretty good history timeline on his website that shows the updates.

I just got back from DEMA and looked at them again.
Maybe you should have asked what initial mistakes they didn't fix. :wink:

As for electronics updates, the lates from APD is the new head/single display/HUD with optional deco and temperature monitor.

Even so they promised to ship next month, they didn't have prices yet. :06:
The Euro prices are pretty steep, about $4,500 USD for the new head ... some people buy a KISS CCR for that. :D

The Hammerhead has always been a better alternative, and at $3,000 USD it now seems even more so. Deco included.

wazza:
I would like to know what is the deference between the old Ispiration machine like the one where made in 1999 or 2000 and the one are made in 2004, I know that they have new software for the computers but do they have other stuff changed, please I would like to know anything even the smallest details the deference between both. and how much they are selling the new one now .one more question, if u have the one made in 1999 what would u think should I change with it to be like the one that are made now and how much would it cost? thanks for the help.
on the standard inspiration there have been minor software updates, the biggest is tightening up the calibration routines and what cells they will allow as acceptable..

If you have a pre back light unit, the calibration can be activated under water, if you have a unit with a back light it will not allow a calibration at depth..

If you have a pre backlight unit, the upgrade costs are pretty high, if I remember its about 1000 pounds..

The hammerherad is a better option at $3000 US since you get full deco, better sensor positioning (my opinion), and batteries that are out of the breathing loop for that price and its cheaper than the still unreleased vision electronics from ap.

Main changes

Back lit electronics
New calibration options (wont calibrate at pressure)
Seaman Sub first stages replaced by AP branded Apeks first stages
Yellow Cylinders swapped to white
Cylinder Valves changed to ones with coloured plastic ends
Scrubber mounted sounder moved to external on stalk
Fibreglass Case swapped to ABS one
Standard cells now fitted with PTFE faces to repell water (Were gold mesh)
Hose fittings altered to stop wrong way round connection of mouthpiece
Manifold mounting changed
Early wings had Suicide bottle mount

Thats all I can think of at moment. There has been loads of software changes to the electronics over that time, newer handsets are much more consistant than my older 99 ones

dear friends
thanks a lot for your time answering me concerning this issue,
so basically the 1999 rebreather is not the 2004 one, they are so different, all these differences its better for some one to buy a new one, and by the way how much would it cost the new one now, and how much would the 1999 one would cost as a second hand but in a very good condition ?

and u rather having a HH then the new one for AP Valves, and if u want the one with AP Valves with decompression option how much u should pay for it as extra ?

So what I believe that all the inspiration instructors should be updated with the machine to be able to teach the newer version of the machine.

My last question is it wreath it to have the old machine and updated it, how much this would cost and what changes should be done to be like the latest model?

sorry guys for all these question but u are the only pro divers I know concerning rebreathers and I hope u can help me with some answers .

long time no see Mr. madmole

wazza:
Dear Friends,

Would you rather have the HH than the new one from AP Valves, and if you want the one from AP Valves with decompression option how much you should pay for it as an extra?

Long time no see, Mr. Madmole!!

Wazza,

HammerHead production is not available at this time due to Kevin's deal with DiveRite. Prices for the deco option on the APD unit have not been finalized (as of DEMA).

Cheers! :wink:

BigJetDriver69:
Wazza,

HammerHead production is not available at this time due to Kevin's deal with DiveRite. Prices for the deco option on the APD unit have not been finalized (as of DEMA).

Cheers! :wink:

u mean cos DiveRite are making rebreathers at this time or for something else, does this guy has a web site, or it’s the one that shows the HH.
thanks

BigJetDriver69:
Prices for the deco option on the APD unit have not been finalized (as of DEMA).
Just the deco option?
I was told the price for the Evo wasn't set yet, nor for the Inspiration update kit.
Or was that just me getting jerked around?
They were the least forthcoming of all RB exhibitors at the show. :58: :banghead:

The DiveRite CCR will have Hammerhead electronics, and they appearantly placed a rather large order, so Kevin is busy building HH that fit the DiveRite.

His website is here .

caveseeker7:
The DiveRite CCR will have Hammerhead electronics, and they appearantly placed a rather large order, so Kevin is busy building HH that fit the DiveRite.

His website is here .

Any more info on the DiveRite rebreather?? I tried to contact them via their web site but that just generated errors.

I found up-to-data pricing on the Evolution and Inspiration including upgrades on http://www.tekdivingshop.com/. Prices are in € and text in Dutch (sorry). New inspiration 7200 € - electronic upgrades 3995 € - software upgrades 190 € each.

Back
Top Bottom