• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

1960 DA Aquamaster

Discussion in 'Vintage Equipment Diving' started by Paladin, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Paladin

Paladin Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Thanks, Luis!:D

2. sawracer

sawracer Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    Way to go! I'm on the hunt for a double hose reg myself!

3. Paladin

Paladin Solo Diver

4. herman

herman Divemaster

Not sure I would recommend those for a first time buyer. If the price is right, you have some experience with the regs and some spare parts- some parts you are going to need are missing and to my knowledge there are no replacements for them- they would be fine but as a first DH reg, they are not the best choice. You are going to spend $150ish each in parts plus finding and buying the missing ones, then if you have them serviced by someone whos knows how - considering these are in rough shape and this would be a first DH reg- you are going to spend another $70ish on service work. And this assumes they are OK inside, not always a good bet. Unless you get them for a very good price, you can buy a totally restored one from VDH (Vintage Double Hose) for around the same price and you can be sure it's in perfect diving condition.

5. Paladin

Paladin Solo Diver

My bad. I forgot that not everyone likes to tinker with old regulators.

6. herman

herman Divemaster

Not a bad, just a slightly different perspective. The one that is more or less complete has a lot of corrosion and I am guessing it may also be pretty bad inside the reg body. Also, the can top is not correct for the backs- it's shinny which makes me wonder how many other parts are missing or messed up.......now for a couple of reg junkies like us, if the price is right, even trashed I can use some of the parts for a future Frankenstine reg. :)

7. John C. Ratliff

John C. Ratliff Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    I'm not sure that you saw this, but these are two different regulators; one is a DA Aquamaster, and the other is a DA Aqualung (its predecessor). The DA Aqualung is missing parts, which include the horseshoe/seat (which is on the horseshoe for this regulator). The DA Aquamaster is in bad shape, and may need a bunch of new parts because of corrosion. This is a work for someone very familiar with both regulators.

SeaRat

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  8. Paladin

Paladin Solo Diver

9. John C. Ratliff

John C. Ratliff Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
  10. SwimJim

SwimJim Manta Ray

The first DA Aquamasters used DA Navy bodies that had new holes tapped to accept the new horseshoe configuration. They used them up, then the hooka port appeared. I had one of those, but sold it some time ago. I've got pictures of it somewhere buried in the archives.