1960 DA Aquamaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As Nemrod said, the oriface will be the eventual limiting factor. But you can resurface the original seats a good number of times. Some 400, 600, and 1200 grit wet/dry paper and a hard flat surface are required. But it should only take about 5 to 10 minutes to get a flat sealing surface.

I've been thinking about getting a Phoenix nozzle for my reg. I like the idea of being able to easily get replacement parts and the HP and LP ports might come in handy.

Nemrod, what you said explains why my first AM began suffering from IP creep around the time I sold it.

I've been thinking about getting a Phoenix nozzle for my reg. I like the idea of being able to easily get replacement parts and the HP and LP ports might come in handy.

Nemrod, what you said explains why my first AM began suffering from IP creep around the time I sold it.

I am sure the nozzle could have been cleaned up, polished and it would have been good to go, but, no sense crying over spilled milk, you have a new one to play with now.

N

I have one and love it. I have a older Scubapro 109 2nd stage all set for when I may need it as an octopuss.

The other good thing about the nozzle is that every time one goes on, a 1st stage is now around for parts to keep all the USD double hose regs going from the early 1950's bronxtons Ave Aqua Lungs through other Aqua Masters.

Gilldiver, did you install the Phoenix yourself or did you have it done?

I had Bryan do it as at the time I did not know all that much about the two stage regs. Now, I'd do it myself.

There really is nothing to installing a Phoenix nozzle if you have done any work at all on twin hose two stage regs. The biggest thing, at least with me is trimming the stem to get the proper button clearance to the nozzle face and then following that, clocking the body so that when it is properly torqued that the HP and LP ports are in an ideal position. The ideal position is up to you, as is getting the clocking, some luck out, lol. One of my Phoenix, the original pre-production signature unit clocked right out of the box in the body I planned to use it in, my other two required shimming.

N

Gilldiver,
Where could one get a new HP seat for a DA Aquamaster? Mine is good right now, I would just like to have a spare one just in case.

VDH doesn't have any. Bryan says that some might be made sonetime in the future but isn't sure.

New HP and LP seats will be available on Black Friday. Check the VDH forum.

Captain,
I checked over the VDH forum but did not see any mention of the sale of HP seats. Where did you see it?:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom