14 dives and already want our own equipment.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ima wet

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
The closest dive shop to me is an Aqua Lung dealer. So it makes sense to buy AL. I'm looking to possibly get into ice diving. I'm looking at the Core supreme and the Legend. Local shop has the Legend marked down to about the same price as the Core Supreme. Unfortunately he's only got 1 Legend. Looking to get 2 sets of equipment. Wife is not excited about ice diving however we plan to dive the Great Lakes. SO would you go Core for both or Legend and Core?

Both will work for the Great Lakes.

Both are great. Make sure to match your primary with the same for an octo.
That was what I was thinking. Would I need separate save a dive kits for each? Or do they both use the same parts?

That was what I was thinking. Would I need separate save a dive kits for each? Or do they both use the same parts?

Don’t worry about getting service kits to have in your save a dive kit. AL doesn’t sell those to the public. A basic O ring kit you can get online will take care of any small issues.

Don’t worry about getting service kits to have in your save a dive kit. AL doesn’t sell those to the public. A basic O ring kit you can get online will take care of any small issues.
Awesome thanks.

Both are very good. The dealer being Aqua Lung they can also sell Apeks which is another good choice and may be a little less. I have an older AL legend and an Apeks XTX50. Personally I like the Apeks better and it was less expensive.

Personally I'd choose Apeks over AL. Not for performance reasons, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference, but from a servicing perspective. If you're not going to go down the DIY route it matters not.

The new legend first stage is a monster, it's like they are trying to see who can make the biggest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom