14-16 pax group looking for Raja Ampat Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

suzxiushan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

I would like to seek advise from experienced Raja ampat LOB trip planners.

I am planning for a full LOB charter for my group to Raja Ampat (north & missol) in Oct 2014.
i do not represent any dive centres as we are just a group of easy-going leisure divers whom share a common passion.

I had shortlisted 2 LOBs which schedules and prices were suitable for my group. (Am not sure if i can announce the names here).
Im at the stage where im at vetting of contract and paying deposit. Which Im afraid that once deposit paid and if there are any questions which i should ask in order not to cause unhappiness for my group and dive operator

1) what questions should i be asking?
2) Is the LOB allowed to shorten the trip without giving any valid reason and not refunding any unused portion to the dive group?
3) Is it true that newer LOBs' crew and guides are less experienced than other LOBs?
4) What usually causes unhappiness (which i read in this forum) in regards to newer LOBs?

I read many excellent reviews on experienced boats but unfortunately, it is out of our budget at this stage of our life. If time permits, i will definitely organize one trip on LOBs which has excellent reviews.

Every event planning is an experience for me and i hope to learn and to be able to plan better for my group in future.

Thank you for your attention to my message.

God bless

answers to your questions:
1. of the 16 pax, am i the best person to organize this trip if these are my 4 questions?
2. yes.
3. yes.
4. not having a good time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom