13.June.2008 Coral Street Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbianchi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So my dive reports are lagging by 10 IIRC at the moment. Ill probably just summarize on my website for all of them. In the mean time here is a video of the dive I did today at Coral Street.

Not the best uhh ... steady hand ... but its my first attempt at a video. Let me know what you think.

Very cool. How deep were the eel grass beds? It surprised me how quick you reached the surface, because during the video, it appears you are increasing in depth.

Nice job.

Last edited:
The grass is just right off the beach honestly. Enter off the beach, head out and you soon hit a sandy bottom with the grass. Then it changes back to small rock/reef and kelp. As you continue to head out you hit another sandy bottom for a while.

Its a nice little dive site and sometimes you will catch some of those bat rays. I guess what I'm trying to say not too well is that it is a nice easy dive with reef / sand / grass mixture right off shore :)

Depth ranged from 15 - 40 feet easy. Back in April when I dove there the vis was about 30 feet. We kicked out to the bouys, dropped down to the sand patch, then swam our way back to the beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom