12W Cree MC-E P7 LED Dive Light - CHEAP!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hand view for those who requested it!

DSCN4924.jpg

Looks very much like a tactical / weapon light. Has anybody ordered one of these? I'd love to hear some feedback on this light. 700 lumens definitely has my interest!

Last edited:
I ordered me for me and one for my dive buddy, we are going diving this weekend and I should be able to post a review by Sun or Mon.

Jotax

Looks pretty similar to this one (which is only 81$)...
[dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29069~r.46406887"]Diving Cree SSC-P7-C-SXO 3-Mode 900-Lumen LED Flashlight Kit (2*18650/4*CR123A/4*16340)

I have ordered one and waiting (desperately) for it to arrive. This should become my backup light if I can trust it enough. You can find plenty of posts on this lamp or similar one on SB...

I received this light from dealextreme a couple of weeks ago, and took it on two dives over the weekend. My thoughts:

• The light seems very well made - everything fits together well and the switch mechanism works smoothly.

The light output is amazing for something so small. I was thinking that the light output would be similar to my UK SL4, but it is significantly brighter and whiter.

There was no indication of leaking, but I only took it down to 8 meters (I could only do shore dives over the weekend)

I purchased some additional Trustfire protected batteries as well - if you do this, beware that the nipple on the positive end of these batteries is not long enough to make contact with the led module. I corrected this by snipping off a 4mm piece of spring out of a pen and securing it to the positive terminal of the first battery.

I was concerned that the torch would be too big and unwieldy underwater, but that's definitely not the case. It was quite comfortable to carry for a 100 minute dive.

My original plan was to use this for a while as my primary light and then get a canister light when I could afford it, but quite honestly I don't see the need any more. I can't imagine needing a much brighter light for the type of diving that I do. Longevity may be an issue which is yet to be determined, but for the price I wouldn't be too distraught if it does fail eventually as long as I have a backup light with me.

Cheers,
Jaycee

I received this light from dealextreme a couple of weeks ago, and took it on two dives over the weekend. My thoughts:

• The light seems very well made - everything fits together well and the switch mechanism works smoothly.

The light output is amazing for something so small. I was thinking that the light output would be similar to my UK SL4, but it is significantly brighter and whiter.

There was no indication of leaking, but I only took it down to 8 meters (I could only do shore dives over the weekend)

I purchased some additional Trustfire protected batteries as well - if you do this, beware that the nipple on the positive end of these batteries is not long enough to make contact with the led module. I corrected this by snipping off a 4mm piece of spring out of a pen and securing it to the positive terminal of the first battery.

I was concerned that the torch would be too big and unwieldy underwater, but that's definitely not the case. It was quite comfortable to carry for a 100 minute dive.

My original plan was to use this for a while as my primary light and then get a canister light when I could afford it, but quite honestly I don't see the need any more. I can't imagine needing a much brighter light for the type of diving that I do. Longevity may be an issue which is yet to be determined, but for the price I wouldn't be too distraught if it does fail eventually as long as I have a backup light with me.

Cheers,
Jaycee

that's closer to the price paid by someone I dove caves with in Mexico. they were impressed by the light, though I'm not sure I personally saw it in action so I can't comment for myself.

This light is from deal extreme for $78.83

dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29069

Back
Top Bottom