120's??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AttitudeAdjuster:
The way I see it if a single 130 is good, double 130's must be even better!

Dove my new double 130's during my Thanksgiving cave trip! Loved it! But, I'm a big guy. Some people might not be able to handle that much weight - above and below water.

Mo2vation:
I don't know why more people don't dive the 130.

--
Ken

Just add Nitrox and enjoy the extra bottom time.

When diving a steel 120 I rarely have to change tanks if all I'm doing is open H2O Cert dives. Set up start of each day and I'm done. More time to work with students.

OBXDIVEGUY:
Dove my new double 130's during my Thanksgiving cave trip! Loved it! But, I'm a big guy. Some people might not be able to handle that much weight - above and below water.
Oh YEAH! I just got my double LP 121s (GOD what a load), maybe I'll bring them along for the New Year's trip??

See ya soon....

Daner:
120 cu ft air versus 80 cu ft of air. That's 50% more air. So i guess you could increase your bottom time by 50%.
It's even better than that. On a fairly deep dive you want to head for the surface on an AL80 when you've got 1000 PSI left, or 1/3 the volume or lets say 25 cu.ft. On a 120, you also want to head for the surface when you've got about 25 cf left. That means on the AL80 you get to use 55 cf and on the 120 you get to use 95, so it is almost double the bottom time.

I normally have to get out of the water to pee before I ever run out of air on an AL80...

plot:
I normally have to get out of the water to pee before I ever run out of air on an AL80...
Perhaps it's a urology/dry-suit issue rather than an air consumption thing....:14:.

hp130s rule!

Long dives in gorgeous places.

Claudette

Some divers and the dives they make just don't call for a bodacious cylinder. 80CF can go along ways on many dives. The dive will only be as long as the shortest link. When somebody is cold, tired or reaches their turn pressure you're on your way out.

I don't believe that you can ever have too much air. If all your buddies are using 80's you come up with a real nice safety margin. If something bad happens you have the extra for yourself or you buddy.

vondo:
It's even better than that. On a fairly deep dive you want to head for the surface on an AL80 when you've got 1000 PSI left, or 1/3 the volume or lets say 25 cu.ft. On a 120, you also want to head for the surface when you've got about 25 cf left. That means on the AL80 you get to use 55 cf and on the 120 you get to use 95, so it is almost double the bottom time.

EXACTLY!

That is why I always use my HP 120. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom