12 Foot Inflatable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiburon73

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and just moved back to Houston a couple of months ago. While I was gone I got certified and picked up a 12 foot inflatable with 10hp motor. Does anyone know where I can go and dive from it? Is it too small to get out to the rigs in the bay? I have done some kayak fishing in the bay and on a calm day it doesn't look to bad to get out to the rigs, although it can be calm one minute and choppy the next. The boat can easily hold two divers w/ tank (possibly 2 tanks per diver) and room for a small ice chest. Thanks on info.

tiburon73:
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and just moved back to Houston a couple of months ago. While I was gone I got certified and picked up a 12 foot inflatable with 10hp motor. Does anyone know where I can go and dive from it? Is it too small to get out to the rigs in the bay? I have done some kayak fishing in the bay and on a calm day it doesn't look to bad to get out to the rigs, although it can be calm one minute and choppy the next. The boat can easily hold two divers w/ tank (possibly 2 tanks per diver) and room for a small ice chest. Thanks on info.

While you could reach the rigs in the bay I don't think you would have much visability.
I have dove the bay some and don't remember over about 3ft of vis.
You could also go up to Lake Travis and dive Starnes Island park although the visability up there isn't to good lately

Randy

I've seen Sharks bigger then that boat out in the bay and for sure bigger at the offshore rigs. I watched one bumping a 17 ft. ski boat about 25 miles out once at a rig and those folks were freeked out !!
I not poking fun but my Sea-Doo is longer then that inflatable of yours and has about 10 X the horsepower and it will struggle a bit with 2 divers and gear on a lake.

I don't think 10 HP. would do much unless you could take the tide out and then back in later. ( dangerous)

BTW... Is this your wife's idea ?? :D

Be sure to take a video camera, if there is room ...
I wanna see this !

Frank says have fun but stay close to shore.

It might be cool to bring over to the new dive park in Clute some day. Think about Lakes and light loads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom