12 Days to Bonaire!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, for those of you that have been to Bonaire before now (this is my first time), is there a dive site guide or something you can get on the island that describes the dive sites, entry procedures, profiles, etc.? I understand the yellow rocks, but that's about it.

Thanks KBeck!

What KBeck said but you are with some experienced Bonaire divers, no real need for a guide book, go and have fun. And watch for the yellow hoses- say hello if you see them.

So, for those of you that have been to Bonaire before now (this is my first time), is there a dive site guide or something you can get on the island that describes the dive sites, entry procedures, profiles, etc.? I understand the yellow rocks, but that's about it.

Some web links that might help;

Bonaire Scuba Diving - Dive Spots
Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Bonaire North, ABC Islands
Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Bonaire South, ABC Islands
Bonaire Dive Guide | diving | bonaire | guide | shore | shorediving | boat | boatdiving | fishes | fish | coral

Thanks crewchef!

I like to be prepared and not just follow the herd. I'll print out a couple of those maps on waterproof paper and keep them handy.

Thanks crewchef!

I like to be prepared and not just follow the herd. I'll print out a couple of those maps on waterproof paper and keep them handy.

MIke, when they do your orientation at The dive shop they will give you a map. The only thing in my opinion worth buying which you can get in the shop or throught the islandis Susan potts book Shore diving made easy in Bonaire. the book gives you a overview of each site, and tells you what to expect and see, very helpful source.

Here's a little challenge just for the people who will be on Bonaire the 29th (since I'll be there for two weeks) until we leave on the 10th and can't get a sticker to you...

The SB sticker measures 8" long by 2" wide

I propose a challenge for
Best underwater photo with the SB sticker in the shot and
Best topside photo with the SB sticker in the shot

One rule: No damage caused by the sticker being placed on coral or permanently attached topside without approval (Example: Buddy Dive has a SB sticker on their dive shop window. We placed it there with other stickers already there and with dive shop approval) or your shot will be disqualified

I supplied the measurements of the sticker so you can find something water-proof to attach it to (might be a good idea for the topside shots too). The sticker is plastic but will not remain stiff underwater

Here is an example of the sticker in use on Saba (not a great shot, but the first one I found):
sbsticker.jpg

In the above shot, I put the sticker into a laminate and then cut the laminate down (found at any office supply shop)
---

When we get back from Bonaire, I will start a thread in the ABC area for posting of your shots (I will post some of mine, but mine will not be in the judging).

I will place the winning pictures on a t-shirt and send it to the winners (1-underwater and 1-topside winners)
---

Who's up for the challenge?

If I can get my hands on a couple stickers, I'm game!

Thanks crewchef!

Can't remember, are you on the Atlanta flight Saturday morning? If so I've got the shore diving made easy and another book listing the dive sites you can have a look at on the way down.

Back
Top Bottom