12-2 Manatee dive Crystal River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelster:
woo hoo...we're booked in too!
The more the better ... my 9yo is comming to swim with the manatees as well ... he is so excited :wink:
Kim P

should be fun for sure!! Kelster and I are flying down thursday!!

kelster:
OK...what's with the crappy weather upon our arrival on Thursday???

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/usa/Pages/USFL0372.htm
Weather .... what stinking weather :)
This will not stop us :mooner:

AMERICAN PRO - DIVING CENTER, Inc.
821 S.E. Hwy. 19 Crystal River, FL 34429
352-563-0041
1-800-291-DIVE
The Crystal River manatee tours run year round, and starts from our dive shop at 7:00am We generally return between 10:00am and 11:00am.
***AS OF 11/20/06***
$39.95 For Divers
This includes snorkeling with the Manatees and a cavern dive.
Non-Divers are $29.50

4 more divers from another group are now booked as well :)...... this is gonna be fun
Kim P

yahoo maps can't find that address so they gave me a map to the center of the zip code. guess I will phone the shop in the morning. pm'ing you my number.

Missdirected:
yahoo maps can't find that address so they gave me a map to the center of the zip code. guess I will phone the shop in the morning. pm'ing you my number.
Starting from: Tampa, FL 33614 Save Address
Arriving at: 821 Nw Us Highway 19, Crystal River, FL 34428-3947 Save Address
Distance: 70.9 miles Approximate Travel Time: 1 hour 17 mins Get Reverse Directions

Directions Show Turn by Turn Maps
1. Starting at the center of zip code 33614 on DALE MABRY HWY go toward W MINNEHAHA ST - go 2.0 mi
2. Take ramp onto W BUSCH BLVD toward FL-580 EAST - go 0.3 mi
3. Bear on GUNN HWY - go 4.4 mi
4. Take ramp onto FL-589 NORTH - go 45.9 mi
5. Take the CRYSTAL RIVER exit toward PONCE DE LEON BLVD[US-98] - go 0.3 mi
6. Turn on PONCE DE LEON BLVD[US-98] - go 4.4 mi
7. Turn to follow US-98 NORTH - go 13.7 mi
8. Arrive at 821 NW US HIGHWAY 19, CRYSTAL RIVER, on the

See you there :)

The Manatees where so amazing today … they drift through waiting divers and roll as you scratch their bellies. Crystal River and Kings springs where busy as usual on a Sunday morning but the Manatees did not seem to mind. My sons and I enjoyed swimming and playing with the Manatees as well as the cavern in Kings Spring. This is a really good way to spend some time in the water by getting to know the gentle giants and I look forward to my next visit with the Florida manatees.
Kim P
I hope each of you had a great time :)

Mike and I had a wonderful time...even though we aborted that dive. My light crapped out on me and since we were the last ones in the cavern, it really silted up. We decided to play around at the opening of the spring and had more manatees play with us...so it worked out better anyway.

American Pro was definately a good shop....I will be sure to recommend them in the future!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom