10w 18w 21w HID smack down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have a salvo 21 watt hid and it does have a longer shroud but it still doesnt help much with the backscatter, my instructor got mad at me because the backscatter was blinding him ( he was diving his scout light.. ONLY) it would be nice to get that sucker into a really tight beam, i did notice that the beam on my 10 watt was tighter.

Warren_L:
I just put my order in for the Uncle Pug flame thrower special with Howard..... can't wait to take it for a test run!
Let us know when it arrives. I'd love to take a look at it :wink:

Tavi:
What does an "Uncle Pug Flame Thrower Special" cost??

If you don't want to post it here, please PM me.

Thanks, Rick

Somewhere in the neighbourhood of $1200. And not the Canadian Tire money we use here ... we're takin' greenbacks.

It's ok to point a single 21w HID at an overhead passing aircraft as long as you're down at least 50' or deeper. If there's two of you down there with the 21's though, the plane may still circle back and try to land on you since you'll be brighter than all of Fort Lauderdale or Seattle which are currently the only cities in the continental US that the Homeland Security Administration allows the proximal use of mutiple heavy-wattage HID's (41 CFR §301.6211-1).
That applies only to fixed-wing aircraft - helicopters are still prone to skin melts so should never be aimed at unless they signal overt hostile activity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom