100th Dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I made my 100th dive last Tuesday. We went to Cove 2. The water was fairly clean, with the vis at 30 - 40 ft. We entered the water a little after 7:00. During the dive, I saw a Giant Pacific Octopus. It was hiding under a concrete slab. The crab shells littering the area near its hiding place gave it away. We also saw assorted rockfish, some Spotted Ratfish, as well as shrimp, crabs, and Plumrose Anemones. It was a great dive.

This also my 100th post in ScubaBoard.

Ron

Congratulations on both accounts.

Congratulations!

Someone once told me you were supposed to do the 100th naked. True/false?

Very nice!

Congratulations!

Someone once told me you were supposed to do the 100th naked. True/false?

False for me. I wore my drysuit. Water temp was 49 F.

If I had been at Homestead Crater, maybe true.

Ron

Tropics? Only at the North Pole.

I will hit #100 in the next couple months, glad it is summer time because #100 will be done in my birthday suit, as unpleasant as that may be to look at!

Ron: Congratulations. With the challenges of cold water, tidal currents, and often limited visibilty, dives here in Puget sound require commitment. As much as I enjoy my trips to the tropics, many of my best experiences are in Washington/BC waters. After a half century of northwest diving, I still see new things. I encourage you to keep it up. - oldslat

Ron: Congratulations. With the challenges of cold water, tidal currents, and often limited visibilty, dives here in Puget sound require commitment. As much as I enjoy my trips to the tropics, many of my best experiences are in Washington/BC waters. After a half century of northwest diving, I still see new things. I encourage you to keep it up. - oldslat

I will. I'm usually at Cove 2 on Tuesdays after work. When crab season starts, I'll be out diving at Mukilteo on Saturdays and maybe some evenings during the week as well. Also, I'll get some diving in on my vacation to Florida, St Thomas, and St Martin.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom