100% O2 @ 50 Fsw

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sideband:
Huh? Was he saying that they didn't exhale on those dives?

Joe

no, he's saying that they used oxygen rebreathers.

cdennyb:
:wink:
A thousand pardons to you personally. Your question was interpreted as a general "what do you think about..." and I didn't really think you'd do anything like that yourself.

A thousand pardons granted.

cdennyb:
My first thought 'off the cuff' was, "Stick to rec diving" because someone thinking about doing that sort of thing was heading down the road to eternity

This is a good part of why I posted the way I did originally. Incomplete information can create real problems. As noted above, I had a friend die from a lack of understanding about something related to gas mixes , although it was not related to diving.

The first post was "loaded" although I was confident that there were people who would know and understand the procedures and protocols that would respond and clarify what was missing from the the initial information.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you make a valid point about sticking to diving within the limits of training and knowledge that one has.

cdennyb:
OH one more thing while I'm on the "chopping block" here. Why would you post a 'loaded' question/statement like that on this message board anyway. I think it might have received a different response if it had been posted on the DS board instead. Am I right?

It might have gotten a different response on DS. I post here because I am comfortable with the group, and I "know" who I feel I can trust with the responses they give.

Peace and best regards,

jbd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom