10% off for ScubaBoard Members from 123Scuba.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since your a ".com" store, why not provide a coupon code to Scubaboard members? If I'm browsing an online store I prefer to place my order online as well. Less work for your staff as well.

scubawife:
Since your a ".com" store, why not provide a coupon code to Scubaboard members? If I'm browsing an online store I prefer to place my order online as well. Less work for your staff as well.

And loose the chance to suggestive sell essential accessories? Just speculating of course, it also let's them meet their customers and put a voice with the order. I can see it as a good thing.

I do share your frustration of needing to get on the phone during business hours to connect with an online offer.

Pete

Our main idea was to take a more personal, customer service oriented approach by having people call. We also have alot more products than just what is listed on our site, plus we offer custom packages and special order... I've even been encouraging board members to ask for me directly rather than just "place their order" with one of my staff.

That aside, I don't have an issue with a coupon. We are in the middle of a site revamp, should be live in the next few weeks. I'll look into a coupon code that boardmembers can use at checkout.

Here is what I can do in the meantime: Any board member that prefers to (or has to because of schedule etc.) place their order online. Go ahead and place it, then send me an email ( laura@123scuba.com ) with your order number. I'll have your 10% discount applied and you will only be charged the corrected amount... Please, please let me know right away so I can address it before your order is processed to make sure you are billed correctly. Hope this helps... :D

Can I just say it's really cool to see a company take in advice and try to help out customers like you are? The audio is very annoying and things are hard to read, you'll mention it to the webguys and get them to fix it, but here's a link if you want to skip it--since you couldn't fix their problem immediately you gave them a solution. People want to not have to call, you offer a solution. You support Scubaboard, and you give members a discount. I think you've got all the facets a business needs to please their customers. I'm very glad that there are several companies trying hard to please a dive community, it's a very nice thing from a customer's perspective. Thank you!

JahJahwarrior:
Can I just say it's really cool to see a company take in advice and try to help out customers like you are? The audio is very annoying and things are hard to read, you'll mention it to the webguys and get them to fix it, but here's a link if you want to skip it--since you couldn't fix their problem immediately you gave them a solution. People want to not have to call, you offer a solution. You support Scubaboard, and you give members a discount. I think you've got all the facets a business needs to please their customers. I'm very glad that there are several companies trying hard to please a dive community, it's a very nice thing from a customer's perspective. Thank you!

Glad to hear we're doing our job. Thank you for taking the time to let us know...

123Scuba.com:
Our main idea was to take a more personal, customer service oriented approach by having people call. We also have alot more products than just what is listed on our site, plus we offer custom packages and special order... I've even been encouraging board members to ask for me directly rather than just "place their order" with one of my staff.

That aside, I don't have an issue with a coupon. We are in the middle of a site revamp, should be live in the next few weeks. I'll look into a coupon code that boardmembers can use at checkout.

Here is what I can do in the meantime: Any board member that prefers to (or has to because of schedule etc.) place their order online. Go ahead and place it, then send me an email ( laura@123scuba.com ) with your order number. I'll have your 10% discount applied and you will only be charged the corrected amount... Please, please let me know right away so I can address it before your order is processed to make sure you are billed correctly. Hope this helps... :D

Thanks Laura. I did place an order online... before I saw your post. It wasn't a huge amount so no big deal. Next time I need stuff I will go to 123scuba.com again.

Love the online store, and thank you for offering the SB discount.

Looks like you have plenty of input on revisions, but I do see one thing missing that I utilize quite often on other sites: wish list/e-mail item.

I have the necessity of having to ask my wife if I can execute any capital expenditures greater than $1 (it's a long story, but let's just say I'm the picture of the "a fool and his money...."). Therefore, I wish list and e-mail my wife 'stuff' I really, really, gotta have. Especially since we are on opposite schedules, she and I negotiate my purchases via e-mail rather than in person. If I get the thumbs-up then I spend at will. I guess what I'm asking is for you to facilitate my unique purchasing methods by adding a wish list and/or e-mail item function. Wish listing usually requires a registration which will allow you to capture e-mail addresses of potential buyers viewing your inventory, too. :wink:

Best Regards,
Chris Smith
San Antonio, TX

CharlieSierra:
Love the online store, and thank you for offering the SB discount.

Looks like you have plenty of input on revisions, but I do see one thing missing that I utilize quite often on other sites: wish list/e-mail item.

I have the necessity of having to ask my wife if I can execute any capital expenditures greater than $1 (it's a long story, but let's just say I'm the picture of the "a fool and his money...."). Therefore, I wish list and e-mail my wife 'stuff' I really, really, gotta have. Especially since we are on opposite schedules, she and I negotiate my purchases via e-mail rather than in person. If I get the thumbs-up then I spend at will. I guess what I'm asking is for you to facilitate my unique purchasing methods by adding a wish list and/or e-mail item function. Wish listing usually requires a registration which will allow you to capture e-mail addresses of potential buyers viewing your inventory, too. :wink:

Best Regards,
Chris Smith
San Antonio, TX

Ooooo, I like that idea. Especially since we're adding some very unique prod. and product combos in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to give me your input.

Back
Top Bottom