10 OCT space avalable on SEEKER

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diesel298

Reaction score
Theres a trip booked for monday the 10th. To the U-853
anyone intrested, or have questions. feel free to contact me, or visit www.underseaexploration.com and contact Capt. Mike

Ray

well looked like the weather was gonna blow us out, but i just checked the NOAA data buoy and there calling for 10 knt winds and 3 foot seas.. so were still on

Diesel do you nedd aow for the U-853?

Rafael:
Diesel do you nedd aow for the U-853?
Yes, I Dove it off of the Seeker last week,and the depth is about 130'. The Seeker is a great boat, and we had a ball!

I guess is a can't do for me, but will be good to set it as a goal for next year after u put at least 20 more dives under my belt.
Thx

dbg40:
Yes, I Dove it off of the Seeker last week,and the depth is about 130'. The Seeker is a great boat, and we had a ball!

Pic of the Seeker last weekend.

scubabills:
Pic of the Seeker last weekend.
Hey, I have that picture too. I also have one of Jim Jam doing somthing very suspicious, just standing in the water on the ladder with no gear on, looking very pleased with himself .....Jim, can you shed any light on this? :D

dbg40:
Hey, I have that picture too. I also have one of Jim Jam doing somthing very suspicious, just standing in the water on the ladder with no gear on, looking very pleased with himself .....Jim, can you shed any light on this? :D

Yeah he has a Red Sox hat on too.
I know he didnt dive with that hat on.. :)

Yes AOW is required to dive the U-853
actualy any dive off SEEKER is requires a minnimum of AOW
basically all the wrecks are deeper than 60 FSW

NOW the beauty is...
we are a traing vessel... whats that mean.. take you AOW with us...

Also
I just got home from our little visit to the U-853.
we got out there, and decided to relocate to the crane barge in the west passage.
ill post some pics later... and let them do the explaining...
all i know is it was very wet on the pulpit grabbing (trying) a moring...
(thoughts at the time...."wow its a long way to the water from here....and now im wet")

So getting past 60'...Is that kind of dive even worth attempting with an AL80? I did the Polling down to 100' and that was a quick bottom time. Just curious what you guys are using. I'm sure I'll be looking to get more boat dives in in the near future. :wink:

johnnyseko:
So getting past 60'...Is that kind of dive even worth attempting with an AL80? I did the Polling down to 100' and that was a quick bottom time. Just curious what you guys are using. I'm sure I'll be looking to get more boat dives in in the near future. :wink:
there are people who do the u boat on a 80.. but i dont see the point...
a 100 would be better and a pony is recomended...
do you know your SAC rate...
say its 1.0
top of the u boat is about110 ish

so 110 / 33 +1 =4.3 ATA
4.3 x SAC rate (1.0) = 4.3 cuft per minn devided by useable gas in tank.....
kinda gives you a idea.

i dive double LP98 or LP125 and rule of thirds
plus i sling a 30 of 50/50
but i do long dives and deco.
by no means wht you have to do

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom