10 ft inflatable + 7.5 hp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a 15 foot inflatable with a 15 HP Honda outboard in open seas here out to as far as 5 miles straight out from shore. The biggest issue I find is picking my days to dive. I utilize three weather/conditions sites online to gain a proper picture of what it happening. As mentioned before, flooding isn't a problem, especially if you put the scuppers down, but those little inflatables don't handle chop terribly well.

Very true, and two paddles make it much easier to move forwards.

Good point. Should be within rowing distance from shore.

I've considered it! But I don't think arriving tired to a dive site is the way to go. My main problem is that the official public boat launch is about 5 miles downriver into the inlet.

Your kiddin', right?

What do you consider near shore. With that set up, I would within paddling distance.

Although that is a cool engine. What year?

The TW 7.5s are from the 70s. They were just kinda a run of the mill cheapo Sears & Roebuck outboard.

I don't think there are any wrecks past the 2 mile mark that I'm interested in. Most of them are about a mile out.

I dive a 15 foot inflatable with a 15 HP Honda outboard in open seas here out to as far as 5 miles straight out from shore. The biggest issue I find is picking my days to dive. I utilize three weather/conditions sites online to gain a proper picture of what it happening. As mentioned before, flooding isn't a problem, especially if you put the scuppers down, but those little inflatables don't handle chop terribly well.

I would love a Honda 4-stroke outboard, but I don't quite have the cash for that!

Luckily, the weather on the lakes if fairly predictable. As long as I'm the clear for about 4 hours, I'm good to go for transport + dive + transport back.

It is meant if the motor dies no matter what HP need to paddle or row back to shore. Our currents and wind tends to go to shore or along the shore. So not so hard. Do not have to get back to boat launch point, just land.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom