10/28: Nickerson State Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I dove Cliff Pond in Nickerson State Park (Brewster) yesterday. My Dad and I had dove here a few years ago and, in keeping with our reputation as hardcore pond divers, we were eager to go back (espically with the ocean being whipped up by a screaming NW wind).

We entered the pond at the boat ramp, walking all of 10' of beach to enter the water. We then began the 75-100yard waddle through knee/waist water toward the drop off. Even from shore, you can see where the sand bottom suddenly changes.

In about 7' of water we descended and headed over the drop off. After pausing for a quick S-drill at 15' - we made our way down to the bottom of the "wall" in about 50' of water. Viz dropped from 10-15' to about 5' below 40', so I signal to head back up the 40' level. We spend about 50mins at this depth swimming the base of the dropoff. Water temp was in the upper 50s. Several large bass where seen. A nice, mellow, fun dive.

Overall, if you are into the pond diving scene, this is a really pretty site worth visiting at least once.

Back
Top Bottom