1 st time to Bonaire, advise and dive buddy, March 1-8 th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree there is value in doing the solo training and getting the solo cert. and being equipped for it, and it makes things easier - which is why I did. I imagine the issue of whether people believe the 'rule' in question is respect-worthy (e.g.: is it the dive op.'s business if you go off and shore dive solo with their tanks, if they did not know or condone it?) is another one of those issues people will decide for themselves.

My focus is on maintaining personal autonomy,o the individual diver can decide what to for him/herself (assuming an adult). Which decision the diver then makes, I have no desire to push either way.

These discussions are good; they expose newer divers to various perspectives and ideas.
Agreed - good discussion and I respect your opinion - and good to hear you did the solo cert!

I do believe Ops have every right to put rules in place for what you can do when you use their equipment - mainly due to the potential liability given the propensity for folks to blame others and sue for their own stupidity these days!

Back
Top Bottom