1 month to spend...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lucieloo

New
Reaction score
Hi divers,
I'm planning to leave Europe for one month, in May. I'm looking for the best-cheapest-unbelivable-amamzing-with nice people place in the world... Was thinking about Thailand, what do you think ? Pleeease, help me
Thanks, Lucie

Lucie,

>>> ... the best-cheapest-unbelivable-amamzing-with nice people place in the world <<

That's a tall order, probably impossible to fill literally. If you'd tell us what you can afford, say on a per day basis exclusive of travel expenses, that would be a good starting point.

hi,
thank you for reply, ... on a per day basis, I would say about 70-80 US$, 2 dives, eating and sleeping included...
what do you think ?

Originally posted by lucieloo
hi,
thank you for reply, ... on a per day basis, I would say about 70-80 US$, 2 dives, eating and sleeping included...
what do you think ?

Sorry to be so slow responding - I've been struggling with a problem posting messages.

$70-$80 per day is tough! Maybe Cozumel is you live in a small hotel in town, but I'd also check out packages at some of the bigger hotels. There might be other places in Mexico, too.

I don't know of any place in the Pacific with those prices, but you're about 1/3 of what I've willingly paid. I don't think I've been to any other places in the Caribbean where $70-$80 per day is doable. However, you might check into Bonaire; it's shore diving heaven from what I read and you probably can use most of the $70-$80 for room and meals.

Lucie,

Western Ireland is the one and only location in the world I know of that fits the bill for great travel, low budget, amazing sites and very very friendly people. You can also experience a variety of diving there. While far from tropical, you can find palm trees along the south coast and the weather there in May should be fine. It's also a great time to visit because you'll be several weeks ahead of the of American tourists who visit every summer. While it's a lot closer to you and less exotic than Thailand, it's also a lot safer and has a distinct culture you'll find nowhere else in the world.

-Brady

Originally posted by lucieloo
Hi divers,
I'm planning to leave Europe for one month, in May. I'm looking for the best-cheapest-unbelivable-amamzing-with nice people place in the world... Was thinking about Thailand, what do you think ? Pleeease, help me
Thanks, Lucie

can I come too? I'll be a dive sherpa:D

Cebu, Philippines. Getting there can be expensive, but once there you can live *very* inexpensively - very. I haven't been in years, but I'd be surprised if you can't spend less than $20/day for good food and nice lodging.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom