1 Day in Grand Caymen for a Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I had one day to dive in Cayman I'd go with Cayman Dive Lodge. The best diving I've experienced in Cayman. It might be too far from a cruise ship though. It's much more exciting diving on the east end. The folks there are as good as it gets. Check out there daily dive log to get a sample of their offerings.(http://www.divelodge.net/Daily_Report/TODAY.html)
After the dive they spoil you with a delicous lunch. Last time I was there it ran around a 100.00 for two dives and lunch. Most likely you'll be limited to seven mile beach area. Which is still great diving just less dramatic and more on the pretty and colorfull fish side. I've been on one cattle boat with Bob Soto's and they were pretty good with handling a boat load of folks. A smaller operation thats more personal is Rivers Sports Divers. Joann owns it and runs the one boat operation. Shes friendly and has been pretty helpfull. She even recomended me to check out the Cayman Dive Lodge.
Fisheye Dive was a bit of a disapointment. Staff was full of themselves and didn't offer much of a positive attitude.
Have a blast I love the Caymans!
Rich

While I'm sure CDL appreciates the kudos, cruise ships generally offload much too late to be able to make the drive to East End in time for a dive.

What cruise and what day? We're on Royal Caribbean, hitting GC on Sep 2. Sent emails to several dive operations on the island, Neptune divers was the only one to respond with any information. They offered a resonable rate on a wreck and reef two tank dive, 8 divers max. Only drawback is we have to meet them at 7 mile beach, so it's gonna cost us a cab ride.

I have been told we should really do the sting ray dive, but couldn't find a dive operation that would do it in the morning. I'll let you know how it was when we return.

Royal Carib's Grandeur of the Seas. We dont get into Georgetown untill 10:30 am and depart at 5:30pm. So I assume, I need to stay close. A reef and wreck dive sound good to me.

bluwolf:
Neptune divers was the only one to respond with any information. They offered a resonable rate on a wreck and reef two tank dive, 8 divers max. Only drawback is we have to meet them at 7 mile beach, so it's gonna cost us a cab ride.
I dove with Neptune Divers last December off a Celebrity cruise. We just got the small bus right at the end of the tender dock and it took us there. I can't recall the cost, but it wasn't much. It was a bit crowded though. Neptune took us back to the dock after the dives which was great.
Good dive outfit, you'll be happy!

I would only use Ocean Frontiers. They are the only dive operation that does pick-ups for their customers. Please do check with them that this is feasible considering you are coming off a cruise ship. www.oceanfrontiers.com

Maria

Once again, I'm sure Ocean Frontiers appreciates the recommendation, but diving East End is rather difficult if you are only here for one day on a crusie ship.

Ocean Frontiers does have a van that picks up from the west side. You can check with them to be certain, but I suspect that the schedules won't work. I usually see them out on the water by about 8:30am or so and it's probably a minimum of a 45 minute drive from the cruise docks at that time of day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom