1 day in Galveston?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdj

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I'm a noob! We just found out that the wife has two days off starting tomorrow. If we ride down to Galveston, is there a boat that makes scheduled runs? We want to dive on Friday the 8th. I have to be back to DFW for work on the 9th. This is all so short notice, but we can always hope it works! Thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm a noob! We just found out that the wife has two days off starting tomorrow. If we ride down to Galveston, is there a boat that makes scheduled runs? We want to dive on Friday the 8th. I have to be back to DFW for work on the 9th. This is all so short notice, but we can always hope it works! Thanks in advance!

The only boat making daily schd. runs off Galveston Island is the state run car ferry that goes between GI and Bolivar.....its a fun tourist thingy....but of course no diving. :D There are a few fishing/dive charter in Galveston but would require planning ahead.

I know this is late for your trip, however if you come back to Galveston we do not have any boats that go out on daily trips from here. All our boats are charters & most are fishing that go to the oilrigs. However you can get a group together & charter some privates to do a day trip to the oil rigs for some good diving. Otherwise you need to take the Fling/Spree out of Freeport Texas (50 miles SW) to the Flower Gardens (usually a weekend trip depending upon storms in the gulf).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom