1-8 of May, diving in Austria: Gruener see, Atter see, Wolfgang see

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZBePb

Reaction score
gut luft :) me and my friends are coming this weekend to Austria and we have an idea to do some diving in local lakes. although its not season yet, most dive shops are closed, maybe, I get get some advises here.
1) whats the current situation at Gruener see? is it ok to dive? water level high enough?
2) is there somebody from Atter or Wolfgang lakes are to show best diving spots?

hello rolmar take it june is not a suitable dive time there also unless qualified in drysuite?
Which dive operater would you choose if one was goin for attersee?

Hello chrisgp007,

You can dive all around the year in the Attersee, it is not freezing in Winter (too larger and deep). A drysuit is very usefull also in June. In general you do not need a dive operator for diving you just have to borrow tanks/weights (if you don't have tem with you) and drive with your car to the divespot. Well known dive operators are:
Nautilus - Tauchschule am Attersee - Tauchen Attersee
Austrian Divers - Am Attersee lassen wir Taucherträume wahr werden - Willkommen bei den Austrian Divers am Attersee

A good place to stay is:
Activ-Hotel Föttinger mit Tauchbasis, Steinbach am Attersee - Willkommen - Tiscover
There is also the TSVÖ (CMAS Scuba Diving Club Austria) training center, compressor, platforms, etc...

In general you need a dive card for this area that is available in every diveshop.
http://www.arge-tauchen.at/
It is a fee that also includes an insurance, it is 15 EUR for one year.

Regards
RolMar

Hi Rolmar
good question tho , im not a local and dont speak the language there and plus i will need to find a dive buddy over there as non of my family members or their friends dive .

we're back from Austria:)
first, we did some dives at Wolfgangsee (stayed at Berau camping site). Furberg rock was closed for diving (fish bring eggs or something), so we decided to move to Atternsee, where we dived in the southern part of the lake (there are couple special places for divers). Then we moved to Gruenersee. Unfortunately, the water was low :( maximum depth was 3,5 meters. but it was great anyway :) we travelled 2000kms to see that beauty and we did. it was just bad luck - locals say, first week of May is perfect for diving, but not this year...

Wolfgang and Atter were great enough. Great depths, good visibility. And almost no divers (we met some tec guys at attersee).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom