1.5 mil wetsuits with high necks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soamelt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to purchase a 1-1.5 mil full suit, but my problem is that my BCD (Zeagle Brigade) destroys the back of my neck after a long dive.

I currently have an O'Neil turtle neck rash guard that I were under my 3 mil suit or when I don't wear a wet suit. But the back of neck still get's it pretty good after a long dive so I'm looking for some thin exposure protection (full suit to replace my 3 mil suite for the warm summer waters) that has a higher neck line if anyone knows of anything.

You can tell from pics that the Henderson ones have super low neck lines, right now I'm leaning towards the Pinnacle Shadow.

My husband has the same problem. He has a 3/2mm Neosport (Henderson) and his neck got torn up from his Oceanic Islander BC.

He didn't have the same problem with his old Mares skin, but he gave it to one of our DM buddies in JA last December.

You might want to look at Mares... I can only find a .5mm so far and the new model has stirrups, which are a no-go for my husband.

good luck!

Body Glove suits ride high on my neck but they don't have anything in a 1.5mm, only .5 or 3mm. What you may want to consider if you can't find something is cutting down a hood.

You laugh because I'm different...........I laugh because you're all the same.
Utah Dive Sites

Hi, Friend, I have a stupid question, could you please tell me how to make the signature like this?
Thanks,

My husband has the same problem. He has a 3/2mm Neosport (Henderson) and his neck got torn up from his Oceanic Islander BC.

He didn't have the same problem with his old Mares skin, but he gave it to one of our DM buddies in JA last December.

You might want to look at Mares... I can only find a .5mm so far and the new model has stirrups, which are a no-go for my husband.

good luck!

Most the Mares I see have a low cut neck (damn Italians!), but I did see a nice 1mm Mares for under $100 by me. The other problem I have is I do a lot of beach diving and it's not uncommon for me to be swimming 3+ hour stretches between a long dive and surface swims. My 3mil - Aqualung Quantum Stretch has thick seams behind my knees which cuts them up pretty badly. I've got scars on the tendons behind my knees from that. The Mares suit had the same seams, otherwise I would have purchased.

I ended up finding an old discontinued 1mm Aqualung suit (tech suit) at my LDS. It doesn't have as high as a neck, but no seams behind my knees which is good.

I don't know why I got so torn up from diving - my neck, knees, my hips from were my swim trucks are (I've got bony hips), I won't even mention why I had to purchase a speedo for diving last summer :blush:

I'm sorry but I'm a bit lost as to how the bcd damages the wetsuit or how some suits have such bad seams that they can damage your skin.

If seams hurt you, there are seamless suits from Camaro, for the neck issue, you could get a cheap hood like Henderson Insta Dry 3mm Hood or Deep See 1.5mm Seehood from LP, cut the top off and leave the neck portion for protection.

SangP

Back
Top Bottom