1-27-10 pcb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PatMyGreen

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
We did some deep spearing yesterday off Panama City. The highlights were watching the water temp rise from 53*F inshore to 64*F 46 miles South, seeing more turtles and baby Portuguese Man-O-Wars, and amberjacks than ever before and having a disagreement about who was eating whom for dinner with a bullshark and an amberjack in 140' while accruing a deco obligation :shocked2:. Seas were 3-4' early but calmed down to slick flat by noon. Vis was 40-60' and there was no current to report. Big red snapper were on every spot, big being more than 10#s.

I sure wish that warm (since when is 64*F warm?) water was further in but it was very worth the drive to get to it, even without being the most productive spearing trip the sites were all amazing as always for the profusion of fish (especially the tasty fish).

Attachments

• Chris Hill.jpg
    Chris Hill.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 48
Oh I forgot to give a plug for the E-Sea Rider bean bags that kept all 6 of us comfortable to the point of dozing off for the 2 hours of driving out and then back. I seriously love them and think anyone with their own boat should get them immediately. Bean Bags, their models look better than the 6 tired smelly divers on my boat but you get the idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom