09/11/01

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Why?

Wildcard:

Because evil exists and good people deny its existance.

I remember exactly what i was doing when that happened....I was driving to class (environmental science) and I was running a little late. It came on the radio...and I really had no idea what was going on. It still seems a little unreal. :unhappy:

ALERT ALERT POLITICALLY CHARGED THREAD...

I'm posting this because this is still a heated topic and is likely to get people riled up.

I would like to remind everyone that:

1) Politics is strictly forbidden by our TOS.
2) Rude or derogatory remarks are not tolerated and will be removed.

OK, with that out of the way, go ahead and discuss :)

Diver_Gurl82:
I remember exactly what i was doing when that happened....I was driving to class (environmental science) and I was running a little late. It came on the radio...and I really had no idea what was going on. It still seems a little unreal. :unhappy:

I was in Providence, RI, registering for class—suddenly someone wheeled in a tv and turned it on; one of the towers was already burning—not only was one of my best friend living in NYC, I used to work for United Airlines—students in the room started crying... It was like a bad dream.

(((hate))) thats why.
i dont under stand, if they hate your !contry! so much why dont they leave.
it edits it out

I was at work..i work for the gov. and we couldn't believe it....we were sent home since we are a big threat for a bombing where i work. it's just incredible that some can acutally do such things. i'll never forget that day and those images.
REMEMBER 9-11-01

Captain CaveMan:
(((hate))) thats why.
i dont under stand, if they hate your !contry! so much why dont they leave.
it edits it out
It's not just the US they hate. They hate everyone. 430 bombs at once in Bangladesh(sp im sure) just a couple of weeks ago. They are killing people like cowards everywhere in the world except south america.

when i ment hate, im talking about (everything and everyone).
they see what they like and hate everyone that disagress with them.
man does it sound like comunisom it sure does to me.

I wanted to tell you guys... I had an American couple stop me and ask questions out at my favorite dive spot which has tons of tourists. (This was at least a year ago.) They were divers and out travelling across North America. Well, they were from NY and were retired NY cops - both helped out at the WTC after it happened. I started to cry, (like I always do) so they gave me a NYC police sticker which I put on my SUV immediately. I couldn't believe how composed they were talking about it. I'm not an American, not from NY, not a cop, nor did I help out with that diaster. Hat's off you all for being able to go through it.

As far removed as Calgary is from NY, that day at work everyone locked down and refused deliveries at the major towers. (Oil and Gas companies are the norm here.) I will never forget that day.

The first anniversay we took the day off and went for dive - it seemed like the right thing to do. (I hope you all understand!)

Back
Top Bottom