2022 Dive Goals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
CT-Rich

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
So, everyone finished the holiday ‘I was a good boy or girl’ gear purchases (don’t lie, you emailed links and it was paid for from a joint account). What did St Amazon deliver?

Now that you are tricked out as the scuba whore you really are, what are your gear/diving goals for 2022?

Finish AN/DP/ Helitrox and dive the Rouse Simmons.

Full cave next winter. Has to be partly in FL. All full cave in MO includes Cannonball, which requires a climb up/down a small mountain. No go with my knees.

CCR somewhere in there. Or maybe 2023. Not sure at this time.

Hit my 400th dive in FL two weeks ago.

For 2022 I'm going to make it to the Maldives and Bali if it's the last thing I do,. Both those trips got canceled this year. At least I know where my tax returns going... Dive trips

Getting to travel to non local dive sites or even a trip to the tropics. With coivd mesures this still seems impossible for some time.

I like the more dives than ScubaBoard posts suggestion up thread. Unfortunately it's quite difficult when you live in the Rockies.

Just booked Cave CCR Trimix class for March. I would like an additional cave trip this year either FL/MX. A Caribbean sport diving trip with my wife over our anniversary in December (COVID permitting).

More general aspirations are as much local diving as possible and 100+ dives.

Dive more! Duh! 🤣

Quantitatively, do some more (gasp) OC tech dives … a friend is taking T1, so will be blowing more $$$ away for the first bit while they get comfy with it.

More archaeology!! Have a few projects lined up for surveys, and I’m sure more will come down the pipeline before the summer hits.

Maybe new drysuit boots… last year was a zipper replacement… the boots may be a this year replacement 🤔 with the few tubes of aqua seal that are holding the soles together…

More new awesome dive buddies… get out and start guiding local divers

Potentially either take hypoxic on my current CCR, or pick up a JJ…

Think that’s about it, maybe a dive trip? That would be a treat!

_R

I started this thread and then didn’t put up my goals. Other than getting a user replaceable neck seal on my drysuit, I don’t have big purchases planned (I have said that before…) I want to get some filters for my video camera, so I don’t have to color correct in the editor. I am hoping for 50 dives and at least earning enough money to do a week long trip for diving someplace warm.

Avoiding Covid is going to be big to hit all those goals.

Dive dive dive, don’t get bent, don’t die.

More specifically:
-I may move to California in a few months. If so, then learn to dive a dry suit, get comfortable with the new environment, meet new dive buddies in the area.

-If that doesn’t happen and I stay in Mexico, then side mount and cavern courses. And a hell of a lot more diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom