Delta Fly Ready issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JD'

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We are flying out (hopefully) from Richmond VA (5:47 am) thru Atlanta Wednesday am. After doing research and emailing Bonaire health we booked our Covid tests (rapid NAAT (PCR))this morning at 10:15. Negative results came with an hour or so (great job Walgreens). However after trying to upload twice and being sent a message twice that the test is not valid as it is not recognized, I sent in a help ticket to the Trust Assure folks but really do not expect an answer. I then drove over to the airport which is only about 20 minutes away and asked the Delta agent who told me it would be dealt with at check in. I then explained at that time it would be too late and I was directed to the Delta agent from their partner Trust Assure, then she called over another agent and the both agreed the tests were valid and acceptable after just glancing at them. I assumed they were familiar with the test as its the only rapid NAAT test available around here with results quick enough to fit inside the 48 hr window and that is why just a glance was sufficient. Trust Assure is partnered with someone local but their results are in the 48-72 hr range and useless for pretty much anything I can think of.

I see Bonaire is now accepting a Antigen test with 24hrs, I wonder if we should do those as well tomorrow as a back up or if Delta even knows this yet. I have some extra Abott antigen tests we were bringing with us for the return trip.

Has anyone used the Walgreens IDNow Rapid PCR NAAT test and faced this same issue?

Thanks in advance.

I see Bonaire is now accepting a Antigen test with 24hrs, I wonder if we should do those as well tomorrow as a back up or if Delta even knows this yet.
Not a bad idea, especially if it is free. I'd take along a copy of the most recent Bonaire regs, too. See the official info at Travel - Crisiswebsite van het Openbaar Lichaam Bonaire.
I have some extra Abott antigen tests we were bringing with us for the return trip.
The usual do-it-yourself at-home tests are NOT acceptable for reentry to the US! The Abbott test that IS acceptable is one that is on-line proctored thru eMed. the test itself is available thru eMed in packs of 6, or in smaller packages (but higher price each) from Optum.
The box needs to look like this:
Abbott-BinaxNOWHometest-1917%20test%20only.png

NOT like this:
abbott%20BINAX%20NO%20TEST.png

There is no problem getting the antigen test in Bonaire in order to fly back to the US. Decent price, good service. See: Where on Bonaire can tourists and residents get tested for coronavirus before their trip abroad? - Crisiswebsite van het Openbaar Lichaam Bonaire
Has anyone used the Walgreens IDNow Rapid PCR NAAT test and faced this same issue?
Both Delta and American gate agents are sometimes confused. Any NAAT test is acceptable to Bonaire; it does not have to be a PCR test. PCR is just one type of NAAT test. ID NOW is a NAAT test and is rapid,. but is not PCR.

My wife and I were on Bonaire Oct 20-Nov 3. We flew American. We used the Abbott ID Now Covid test for Bonaire entry. We used a hard copy print out at the airport and on arrival in Bonaire.

Our Bonaire health declaration and Covid test were examined at the airport before departure. Our health declaration, Covid test, and vaccination cards were needed upon arrival in Bonaire. The 5 day Covid antigen test was still required when we were there, it has been discontinued for visitors from the US.

We enrolled in Verifly while we were in Bonaire and uploaded the Covid antigen test for US reentry. We showed the pass at the Bonaire airport and that was it.

Sorry I can't help you specifically with Delta. You can't be too safe when traveling these days

Yes, I had the same issue when I uploaded the ID Now Negative Test Results to the United "Travel Ready" - which returned a message saying that test was not acceptable for our flight this past Sunday. I knew most of the divers on the flight from Newark would also be using the same test and it was approved by the Bonaire Health Board, so I wasn't too worried. The agents knew that the test was valid - it was just the App that was incorrect.

If you're on the Bonaire Visitors and Expats COVID 19 Issues Facebook group, someone with the last name 'Crow' posted a letter from the Bonaire Health authorities stating that ID NOW was a valid test - so you could copy that and bring it with you, just in case.

If you're on the Bonaire Visitors and Expats COVID 19 Issues Facebook group, someone with the last name 'Crow' posted a letter from the Bonaire Health authorities stating that ID NOW was a valid test - so you could copy that and bring it with you, just in case.
Thank you. I actually emailed our test results to Bonaire health and asked they verify results. They kindly responded and verified test results were accaptable for entry so I am just bringing the printed letter to the check in counter. Should be hard for any Delta agent to argue with the Letter and government seal of approval. One would think an outfit like Fly Ready who's job it is to monitor theses things would be better at it.

I got this from Bonaire 5 days ago. These tests meet their requirments:

Bonaire Health Declaration​

Thu, Feb 3, 6:18 PM (5 days ago)
to me

The following tests are accepted to enter Bonaire
(The NAAT/PCR, RT PCR, LAMP, TMA, mPOCT)

We hope to have informed you accordingly.

I got this from Bonaire 5 days ago. These tests meet their requirments:

Bonaire Health Declaration​

Thu, Feb 3, 6:18 PM (5 days ago)
to me

The following tests are accepted to enter Bonaire
(The NAAT/PCR, RT PCR, LAMP, TMA, mPOCT)

We hope to have informed you accordingly.
Bonaire Public Health continues to refer to NAAT and PCR interchangeably, unfortunately. PCR is just one type of NAAT; ID-NOW is another, and is fully acceptable to Bonaire. You only need this test if you are unvaccinated. If vaccinated, all you need is a simple antigen test within 24h before departure.

How about when you go back home from Bonaire to the US? Is it still a Antigen test 24 hours prior to going home? Are they strict about 24 hours from take off?

How about when you go back home from Bonaire to the US? Is it still a Antigen test 24 hours prior to going home? Are they strict about 24 hours from take off?
It is.not 24h, it is one day. So if you fly at any time on the (say) 8th, then the return antigen test can be ANY time on the 7th.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom