El Moro needs help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Instead it's become a sh1t flinging free for all about how El Moro is in fact a boisterous bar scene.

That's what is so hilarious about all of this. El Moro is a pretty quiet place overall and if someone found 1 table of divers too loud for their liking they must be autistic... Summer crickets chirping at night must pound at their ears like jackhammers. The Grinch of Cozumel/Whoville... The Noise, The Noise, The Noise!

That's what is so hilarious about all of this. El Moro is a pretty quiet place overall and if someone found 1 table of divers too loud for their liking they must be autistic... Summer crickets chirping at night must pound at their ears like jackhammers. The Grinch of Cozumel/Whoville... The Noise, The Noise, The Noise!
Want go for dinner here in a few weeks?

Want go for dinner here in a few weeks?

Of course! Dinner and drinks. El Moro is an absolute must on every trip. Will probably dine there several times... It's among the best restaurants on the island. Prices are fair, food is fantastic, and I'm pretty sure our Lord has a special place saved in heaven for Ray... A far better place than he has saved for me!

Aside from the excellent food, Ray and his wonderful family are the main reasons I keep returning year after year.

Next time you're there... Ask Ray how that big Camel ended up in the place. I mean, a Camel in a restaurant on Coz? How the heck did that ever get there and why? LOL! You'll like the story... Definitely a Family Owned and Operated business! Can't wait to be back there. Just a few more weeks.

Attachments

• Annotation 2021-11-18 194220.jpg
    Annotation 2021-11-18 194220.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 45
Well, like a lot of other restaurants it's got a lot of hard flat surfaces that reflect sound, so, yes, like a lot of other restaurants it can get pretty loud in there if 20+ people are sitting at one table all talking at the same time, drinking, and trying to be heard at the other end of the table. Like I said, I was at a table there that was like that a couple of years ago, but there doesn't have to be anything wrong with someone to not want to be that close to someone else's party. Tolerance works both ways, and as you say, most of the time it's a pretty low key place.

But anyway, your comments illustrate why I would not advise anyone to confront the people at a rambunctious table directly. If you had been there at "that table" that night and Mr. Horn had approached you to complain to you that you were annoying him, I would hazard a guess that it would not have ended well.

Well, like a lot of other restaurants it's got a lot of hard flat surfaces that reflect sound, so, yes, like a lot of other restaurants it can get pretty loud in there if 20+ people are sitting at one table all talking at the same time, drinking, and trying to be heard at the other end of the table. Like I said, I was at a table there that was like that a couple of years ago, but there doesn't have to be anything wrong with someone to not want to be that close to someone else's party. Tolerance works both ways, and as you say, most of the time it's a pretty low key place.

But anyway, your comments illustrate why I would not advise anyone to confront the people at a rambunctious table directly. If you had been there at "that table" that night and Mr. Horn had approached you to complain to you that you were annoying him, I would hazard a guess that it would not have ended well.
No, as I was there, if a discrete word was said I would have asked my fellow dinners to keep it down (I have the loudest voice in any group sober or drinking) and we would have reduced the noise level.

But anyway, your comments illustrate why I would not advise anyone to confront the people at a rambunctious table directly. If you had been there at "that table" that night and Mr. Horn had approached you to complain to you that you were annoying him, I would hazard a guess that it would not have ended well

Scroll up and read up! Mr. Horn is a Texan for God's sake and stated, "The large table full of 3 Pelicanos geriatric drunks and shrieking harpies was extremely pleasant to be around tonight". He said "Pleasant", not "Unpleasant". That was no typo. Educate yourself and get a clue about a thread before you post.

Ah well, the world is full of instant reactive social media idiots so you're just another. I'm pretty sure you put me on Ignore a year or so ago when Blue Angel and that S Show was having probs so please put me back on ignore so I don't have to see or respond to any more of more of your nonsense. You ignore me, I'll ignore you and we'll both be dancing with daises.

I was with that group. 68 and run 4 times a week. “Geriatric harpies”. Really? You demonstrate pettiness and disrespect for fellow divers by your silly name calling. Were we loud? Yes. El Moro is not Especias. Open seating, formica orange tables, stong Margaritatas, bad acoustics and some of the best food on the island. If you want quiet intimacy buy a roasted chicken at Mega and a bottle of wine and eat in your damn ,hotel/air bnb place and gaze at your smart phone. As an after thought Ray is terrific but so is his brother Helcer. The smoothest most courteous person in the Cozumel restaurant business. Cheers!

Scroll up and read up! Mr. Horn is a Texan for God's sake and stated, "The large table full of 3 Pelicanos geriatric drunks and shrieking harpies was extremely pleasant to be around tonight". He said "Pleasant", not "Unpleasant". That was no typo. Educate yourself and get a clue about a thread before you post.

I've never heard "geriatric drunks" or "shrieking harpies" used as a compliment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom