Custom Neoprene drysuit need one who makes the best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It isn't the best, it is just the one that has popularity here on SB.
OK, what is your opinion of the best? If you think something else is a better deal it would be wise to provide that information. Remember the criteria I set forth was value, best product for least money. Unlimited checkbook is a different answer (looks like answered that one as the O'three).

Check out Abyss diving suits, the are made just outside Halifax NS Canada. They do a true made to measure, and depending on where you are our weak Canadian dollar is only around .75 US right now as well.

Based on their own special materials they use in their drysuit, track record and reputation in the UK and others who use it outside the UK. You will rarely see or hear about Seaskin in the UK. In fact, most people I have talked to while living there in 2019 know about O3 while they never heard of Seaskin. These people are top notch tech. diving instructors as well as dive operators and active divers. I have visited dive shows, dive centers and communicated with MANY instructors there during the time I lived in the UK. It isn't a scientific survey but this is what I come across while contemplating what brand of suit to go with there. There are other known brands in the UK but Seaskin isn't one of the brands mentioned or recommended by the many people I have talked to there. This doesn't mean that Seaskin is a bad suit, it just means that it isn't anything special and not the high quality with the track record or reputation other mfg. have in the UK.

So, based on you having very little information, you conclude that O'Three are better.

You have not examined the Seaskin Ultra in person. Have you even examined the O'Three neoprene in person? I'm guessing you have, probably at a show. Have you ever dived in one?

You have exactly zero details about the suits themselves to share to support your assertion that O'Three are better.

Got it.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

If you already have one and it meets your current needs, why would you need another one?
Who ”needs” more gear? I hav efpund that when in a loving home gear tends to replicate somehow, have not figured out how yet.

So, based on you having very little information, you conclude that O'Three are better.

Little?? Having talked to with MANY highly experienced users of the suit and examining the suit myself is little information? I couldn't find anyone with Seaskin to examine it or get any references on the suit there, NONE! The O3 suit is almost a standard in the UK (there are others too but not SeaSkin however).

Little?? Having talked to with MANY highly experienced users of the suit and examining the suit myself is little information? I couldn't find anyone with Seaskin to examine it or get any references on the suit there, NONE! The O3 suit is almost a standard in the UK (there are others too but not SeaSkin however).

Exactly. You have some info on the O'Three - though you apparently have not actually used one. And you have, by your own admission, virtually NO information on the Seaskin. Yet you categorically claim that the O'Three is better.

Are the seams better? Is the stitching better? Is the material itself better? Is the fit better? Are the pockets better? Is the range of motion better?

You don't know ANY of that - because you don't know the Seaskin. But you are comfortable proclaiming that the O'Three is better.

What *I* know is that the Seaskin PRICE is WAY better.

I also know that both my Seaskin suits were made to measure and fit me perfectly. And that both have been very good suits. Nothing about either suit has ever made me wish I had spent more money on either suit.

It's diving. If an Acura does a GOOD job of what I need and lasts a long time, then I have no reason to spend the extra for a Bentley. That is just cash for flash.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom