Yellow hoses and Yellow regulator Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quoting the OP first sentences:
I am leaning toward a primary reg on a 5 foot hose, coupled with a necklaced secondary. I am favoring the "primary donate" method for sharing air, where I donate my primary and then switch to the necklaced secondary.

So 5' primary, necklaced secondary is what they are asking about.

(I dive a long hose as a recreational diver; I like it better for air shares and like having my backup right under my chin. I've done neither tech training nor dives.)

Dude it doesn’t matter. Your going way too deep on this and your setup is ok. Don’t know if you bought yours new or used, have modified it whatever. I say again, when you buy a standard open water, RECREATIONAL, setup here in the USA, from any reputable dive shop. Unless you specify differently your yellow secondary hose is going to be longer than your primary hose. I’m done arguing with you.

Glenn

Did it say "RECREATIONAL" in the box?
Edited: I get it, you dive a FFM, so anything that conflicts with that is a problem. However, the majority of divers don't, so they don't have to follow your preconceived ideas.

When I said I consider long hose primary donate better, it is for me. Others may find an octopus better and I have no issue with that. What bothers me is you saying that all divers should dive with a secondary donate octopus.

Dude it doesn’t matter. Your going way too deep on this and your setup is ok. Don’t know if you bought yours new or used, have modified it whatever. I say again, when you buy a standard open water, RECREATIONAL, setup here in the USA, from any reputable dive shop. Unless you specify differently your yellow secondary hose is going to be longer than your primary hose. I’m done arguing with you.

Glenn

I picked two online shops I use, picked the first non-tech reg packages they had listed. Both have longer primary hoses and short necklaced secondary. Now, if I was to go into one of my LDS, and did not specify anything other than "I need a reg; set me up" I would probably be offered a secondary donate package - as that is what they use when they dive.

Dive Rite FT Advanced Openwater Package (divers-supply.com)
from the description :
The primary second stage is routed under the divers arm on a 40" flex hose with an angled adapter. This routing keeps the hose from flaring out and the longer hose allows for comfortable air sharing in an emergency situation. The backup second stage is on a 22" flex hose with necklace to be quickly accessed if needed.

DGX Custom - Deep Six DGX Streamlined OW Reg Package | Dive Gear Express®

From this one's description:
  • One { 40 in | 1.0 m } Reg Hose for the primary
  • One { 22 in | 56 cm } Reg Hose for the secondary
FWIW.

upload_2021-5-13_12-39-22.jpeg

I don't think DiveGearExpress even sells the secondary donate setup Glen is talking about as a preconfigured option.

Their reg packages page has bare first + second, streamlined OW, Long hose, Doubles, Side mount, and stage deco. And the bare first + second offers a range of hose lengths, or come with just a 22" hose.

I do not even find octo's.

I don't think DiveGearExpress even sells the secondary donate setup Glen is talking about.

Their reg packages page has bare first + second, streamlined OW, Long hose, Doubles, Side mount, and stage deco. And the bare first + second offers a range of hose lengths, or come with a 22" hose.

I do not even find oct's.

So they just sell to tech divers? :D :D :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom