Swimsuit under Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccrprospect

Contributor
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a swimsuit/shorts (male) to wear under a wetsuit? Criteria are: (a) should not bunch when pulling wetsuit up; (b) allows some freedom of movement for the boys; and (c) not a speedo.

cheers :wink:

When young I was very happy with water polo suits; they are thick, adherent, elastic and with very smooth sutface, so the wet suit makes no friction.
I do not find on Amazon the very same model I was using at the time. It appears that now they are much longer, but basically it is something like this: Amazon.com : TYR Boy's/Men's Solid Competition Water Polo Predator Jammer : Clothing

I wear jammers, basically swim trunks but not super baggy. They don't become baggy and look like you are wearing a diaper under you wetsuit. Recently it has been the Mako Speargun jammers, but I've also used other brands. They are all about the same IMO.

I do a speedo because at my build they are the only thing that doesn't bunch up. If you can do jammers go for it.

I don't care about a speedo because I'm putting on a wetsuit over it, when the wetsuit comes off a towel goes on immediately then once dry a pair of shorts or jeans.

The best, I have been using them for the last 25 years or so:

Shorts – Aeroskin Worldwide

(They even come in family sizes to fit me)

A pair of compression shorts (e.g., UnderArmour) works fine, as well. They're essentially the same as jammers, but they're lighter-weight and are easier to find. Even the Wal-Mart house brand will work nicely.

The only downside to compression shorts vs. jammers is that the compression shorts are unlined, but a towel 'round the waist will take care of any modesty issues.

The best, I have been using them for the last 25 years or so:

Shorts – Aeroskin Worldwide

Great! This Aeroskin here below looks very similar to the water polo suit I was using 30 years ago:
P378-1_large.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom