Floaty Feet / Drysuit Boot 'compressors'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Addison Snyder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sometimes when I get modest floaty feet in caves, my feet wiggle left and right within the vulcanized rubber boots. I've started wearing extra layers of socks, but I see myself doing weird things with my feet to get a grip when frogkicking. I've seen items in shops that resemble 3 sets of silicone fin straps connected at the ends to form something that compresses the boot in a bit. For the life of me, I can't name or find these online anywhere, even though I commonly see them in cave shops. Any suggestions?

Note: I've seen the drysuit gaiters, I don't think I want those.

It's called a fin keeper. Riffe, JBL make them, among others.

EE sells them for $6.75. Don't know if that's for "1" or 1 pair. I've only seen them in pairs.
I wear double phat wool socks in a TLS 350, shoe size 9.5 and use the LARGE. I leave them on the feet of the suit, because I HATE to dive without them so they're always there. Get more than one pair because they don't last forever.
You're going to be a "happy-foot" guy.

Sometimes when I get modest floaty feet in caves, my feet wiggle left and right within the vulcanized rubber boots. I've started wearing extra layers of socks, but I see myself doing weird things with my feet to get a grip when frogkicking. I've seen items in shops that resemble 3 sets of silicone fin straps connected at the ends to form something that compresses the boot in a bit. For the life of me, I can't name or find these online anywhere, even though I commonly see them in cave shops. Any suggestions?

Note: I've seen the drysuit gaiters, I don't think I want those.

Cave diving is serious business. Why not get your drysuit boots replaced with something that fits correctly? If your feet can wiggle left and right, it sounds like what you have are too big.

Personally, I really prefer attached compressed neoprene socks, and that is one reason.

f your feet can wiggle left and right, it sounds like what you have are too big
Only if they are pretty inflated. Lengthwise they fit pretty well. My toes might have to curl down a little to get a decent grip on the boot. This is when I only wear a single set of socks. Lately I've worn double socks and that helps somewhat.

Only if they are pretty inflated. Lengthwise they fit pretty well. My toes might have to curl down a little to get a decent grip on the boot. This is when I only wear a single set of socks. Lately I've worn double socks and that helps somewhat.

I don't know about your situation. When I had boots where I could wear 2 pairs of thick socks comfortably, the boots were too big (for me). But, attached socks really makes it nice. 1 thin sock, to 2 thick socks, and they're still comfy. They don't feel too small or too big.

Imagin, for a moment, that you don't know everything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom