Rob Stewart Investigation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That really doesn't matter as he was not diving a Draeger but a rEvo.
I'm not sure what the model of the equipment has to do with the accident, from the sound of things. He was certainly qualified not only to go that deep but to instruct others in how to do it.

Are you suggesting that if he'd done the same series of dives on a Draeger the outcome would have been better?

As a charter operator, I would provide 10/50 for my Mod 2 divers. The rebreather does a far better job blending trimix than I possibly could.

I agree with the mixing part. I will say that when I was not a mod 3 diver I would not have thought about my bailout being hypoxic so that might be problematic.

I am a screamer. I yelled at everyone. What did I yell at you for?

It wasn’t anything as serious as using 11 squares!

I was talking to Dori about my counter lungs and she gave me a new set to try out...I set them on the table while we talked and you told me to get my “lung butter catchers” off the table.

I was guilty. But what can you expect from a f’n nuke bubblehead??

It wasn’t anything as serious as using 11 squares!

I was talking to Dori about my counter lungs and she gave me a new set to try out...I set them on the table while we talked and you told me to get my “lung butter catchers” off the table.

I was guilty. But what can you expect from a f’n nuke bubblehead??
Damned tubers.

I agree with the mixing part. I will say that when I was not a mod 3 diver I would not have thought about my bailout being hypoxic so that might be problematic.
Hmm. Fair point, although I did not provide 10/50 bailout even if I were providing 10/50 dil. In any case, I was wrong, but I’d do it again.

That really doesn't matter as he was not diving a Draeger but a rEvo.
I'm almost entirely ignorant of rebreathers, but there are at least some commonalities between SCR and CCR, no? You have some of the same risks, such as flooding the loop, that presumably someone who had enough time on an SCR to be an instructor would have a lot of experience avoiding. And there's still a counterlung so you'd have to make the same adjustments to buoyancy, I thought. I defer to anyone with actual knowledge.

Hmm. Fair point, although I did not provide 10/50 bailout even if I were providing 10/50 dil. In any case, I was wrong, but I’d do it again.
I understand what you’re saying. For some units, our BOV is plumbed to the dil so if I had to bail out deep I’d have to do a gas switch before getting too shallow.

Knowing what I know now, I much prefer 10/50 to 18/35, even at 180’ to 200’. Makes it easier to knock my PO2 down if I need to do so.

I'm almost entirely ignorant of rebreathers, but there are at least some commonalities between SCR and CCR, no?

You don’t do deco dives on an SCR and you don’t go that deep on an SCR. You can’t control your PO2 on an SCR. You don’t carry O2 on an SCR. Much different animals with just a few commonalities.

I understand what you’re saying. For some units, our BOV is plumbed to the dil so if I had to bail out deep I’d have to do a gas switch before getting too shallow.

Knowing what I know now, I much prefer 10/50 to 18/35, even at 180’ to 200’. Makes it easier to knock my PO2 down if I need to do so.
Which is exactly why I supplied 10/50 to all trimix divers regardless of certification level. They got 16/50 bailout. If they were mod 2, they were not put in a place where they could exceed 200 feet.

Back
Top Bottom