Greetings and thank you for allowing me to join.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am an (very) elderly diver and limit myself to shallow dives, shore sea diving and freshwater lakes as well as snorkeling and swimming. I initially decided to do shallow dives so that I could use small light tanks and wetsuit but now find it so much more rewarding than deeper diving. It is much safer and there is so much more to see. I read with interest the comments and hope to contribute constructively.

Welcome, Tom. Glad you're here. And don't worry about just dong shallow dives. You should never do more than you're comfortable with. Just be safe out there.

I am an (very) elderly diver and limit myself to shallow dives, shore sea diving and freshwater lakes as well as snorkeling and swimming. I initially decided to do shallow dives so that I could use small light tanks and wetsuit but now find it so much more rewarding than deeper diving. It is much safer and there is so much more to see. I read with interest the comments and hope to contribute constructively.
Welcome and thank you for joining our forum @Tomismyname. Absolutely nothing wrong with diving shallow; in many situations, that's where most of the fish and coral life exist. Looking forward to your contributions.

Welcome Tom! Shallow diving, deep diving, it's all good! Glad to have you on the community!

Welcome Tom, from another Tom. And one who dives very similar to you nowadays as well. Usually not deeper than 30' (I break my rule once in a while). Shore dives including long walks and "climbs" up & down pretty much eliminated now. I want to live to do the hour plus of rinsing gear....
I'd still do the charter boat dives IF the border ever opens and we can once again snowbird to the FL Panhandle.

I'll take 90 minutes at 30 feet over 6 minutes at 130 anyday. welcome to the SB
Yes, or even 20 minutes on 1 dive in a day wet here in January....Talk about making 4 tanks last most of the winter......

Back
Top Bottom