Shearwater Peregrine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peregrine bug:
Setting the time at 00:23AM doesn't work.
Options for 2nd hour digit are 1-9.
I see this as requiring a 12 hour clock vice a 24 hour clock. (ie setting the time to 1223am rather than 0023.)

Does it open up 0-9 if the first digit is set to 1? (Can you set it to 1023 for example?)

I've worked with Dirk and have gotten him the data he needs for Subsurface.
That's why I love this community. Jim isn't even a Subsurface user, but he installed Subsurface-mobile and helped me get started. I think I indeed have all that I need and now I need to figure out why the Peregrine doesn't pair with any devices (and more likely, figure out a way to remove the pairing requirement from our BLE implementation). It may be a few more days until we have support in Subsurface, but it's definitely on its way.

How accurately does it have to be aligned on the charger and how much tolerance for misplacement or movement is there?

I as this simply because, 90% of my diving is on liveaboards. Obviously horizontal space is limited and a concern is if someone accidently knocks the computer it stops charging /.../

As a DIY-man I would attach a small loop (or two) of bungee cord to the USB cable and use it to keep charger and DC together. I think it could even be hanged (so no need for horizontal space at all). Just a bungee and few knots.
It looks like the ridge (square frame) makes initial alignment easy and the loops will keep them together.

Ughhhh... that's not so convenient when the pen runs out of ink and you have to lug the physical log or log pages around (and risk loosing or drenching). It's so much easier to Bluetooth all that stuff right to my iPhone immediately post dive. I can easily have a backup on the cloud as well. To each their own, but in in 2020 there are great electronic options (albeit at a cost)...:)
You could just remember your gas at the end of the dive until you upload it to your phone. On any given day the start pressure is often similar and easy to remember.

As a DIY-man I would attach a small loop (or two) of bungee cord to the USB cable and use it to keep charger and DC together. I think it could even be hanged (so no need for horizontal space at all). Just a bungee and few knots.
It looks like the ridge (square frame) makes initial alignment easy and the loops will keep them together.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: Lemme just make sure I understand this: first they make my life easier by replacing the replaceable battery with a charger on a wire, Then they make it even easier by sticking in all this inductive charging stuff and removing the cable. And now I need to bring my own duct tape and chicken wire to keep it all together? That sure sounds sooo much easier than keeping an AA battery in my save-a-dive kit.

You could just remember your gas at the end of the dive until you upload it to your phone. On any given day the start pressure is often similar and easy to remember.
I certainly do make a mental note of my start, ascent and end pressures. However, I see no point in relying on that for my dive log when there are simple options to automate that data logging available today.

I think the disdain for the wireless charging certainly has to do more with the average age of scubaboard users than it does with the overall clientele.

For someone like me (20-30's), I'm bringing a wireless charging pad with me anyway to charge my iphone. Being able to "double up" and use the charging pad for two things makes it even more useful.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I have *any* devices I use that require disposable batteries. I'm not even sure I'd know the best place to buy them? CVS?

Back
Top Bottom