Feature request - 15 feet last stop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Set it to 20 and do it at 15, am I missing something?
Pretty sure if you do this you will end up with errors as it will show you have gone shallower than the required depth. If you set for 10 and do it at 15, all will be okay. Only difference to being able to set to 15 is that the TTS shown will be shorter than what will really happen.

Pretty sure if you do this you will end up with errors as it will show you have gone shallower than the required depth. If you set for 10 and do it at 15, all will be okay. Only difference to being able to set to 15 is that the TTS shown will be shorter than what will really happen.
Yeah it's been a while and I use metres, I have mine set to 6 and do it at 5 no problems. Does TTS matter at the safety stop stage?

As I recall, once the safety stop timer countdown begins, it will continue as long as you remain between 10' and 20'.

Are you confusing the "Last stop" depth with the safety stop? I admit to being on my first cup of coffee, but the only setting I'm seeing regarding the safety stop is the length of the timer countdown. Remember that the safety stop is not required, not a deco stop, and "time of decompression" is meaningless in this context. I don't normally monitor the TTS, but I would be surprised to see a safety stop included in it.

I presumed he was talking about decompression stops as he said "last stop". It does sound like he means safety stop as there is no way you can do a 6 metre stop at 5 metres without the computer going crazy.

I presumed he was talking about decompression stops as he said "last stop". It does sound like he means safety stop as there is no way you can do a 6 metre stop at 5 metres without the computer going crazy.
As I said, I'm on my first cup of coffee. The only reason I can see for setting the last stop at 20' instead of 10' is to stay below a rough surface. I don't see any reason to want to do it at 15'.

Back
Top Bottom