Going to doubles and going home.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you. Now to buy some groceries. I guess in Pit you have to drive to the store, give them your number and wait till they call you to come in.

You are gonna love doubles!

I attached a couple of pics of Stockton Lake.

DW

Attachments

• 20200326_092629.jpg
    20200326_092629.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200306_120754.jpg
    20200306_120754.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200228_100712.jpg
    20200228_100712.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 42
Unless you have a station wagon or a truck, you might want to consider a small portable/foldable plastic chop-saw bench. Your back will love it.
I got one of the Keter collapsable benches. I'm quite pleased. Light, easily transportable, sets-up & knocks-down in seconds. Costco had them last year on sale for $60 something.

17182239_1_2.jpg

Folding Work Table
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y67P4RC

I used to dive doubles from a Volvo P1800 by opening the trunk and putting a piece of plywood on top of a milk crates and the trunk opening. Carried the tanks in the passenger seat "secured" with seat belt and bungees.

I used to dive doubles from a Volvo P1800 by opening the trunk and putting a piece of plywood on top of two milk crates and the trunk opening. Carried the tanks in the passenger seat "secured" with seat belt and bungees.
That is the most stylish way of diving I can think...you must have felt like a ...saint :)

That's a great idea. I normally use my car because gas mileage. For our shallow dives I can drive my truck but a couple of spots we go for deeper water is over 100 miles.

I was just thinking how to load everything up in my car. It's a 08 Cady STS. I can load everything but no place to put it on.

Have the same problem with my Civic, been putting my doubles on while sitting down and then getting up with them on.
Can absolutely not recommend doing it this way, some good ideas in this thread to resolve that though.

Walking with doubles isn't much of a problem really, sure they are heavier than a single tank setup but it's not until you have to walk in stairs (or other elevations), or if you're doing an entry with a lot of slippery rocks that you will start to miss the lower weight of your single tank.
They do feel so much better in the water than a single tank though, I hope you'll enjoy them!

20190818_085753.jpg
I put a small table in the back of my Journey. Works great.

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom