Weird stuff missing from the store shelves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of toilet paper, lots of food, lots of this n that, some masks, ... but no Dettol.

Best friend was infected and hospitalised, family tested negative and was isolated at home. I was tasked with buying Dettol to disinfect the house. Lots of people buying Dettol. Rubbing alcohol also good as disinfectant.

No Dettol or Rubbing alcohol to be found around here.

I was informed that salted butter has a longer shelf life, by double.
This is true. I freeze my butter, btw.

I was informed that salted butter has a longer shelf life, by double.

While this is true, the trick is not letting it absorb the odors of the other foods in your fridge if it is in there for awhile. This can lead to some funky tasting butter (think left over chili, spaghetti, etc.).

This is true. I freeze my butter, btw.
Same here. I have done this for years and can tell no difference. You can even freeze milk but it does change the taste and texture a bit. As a child I would freeze those small cartons of chocolate milk then spoon eat it like a slushy.

Re salted butter, we leave a stick on the countertop in a covered butter dish for a month or more. The rest is in the freezer.
Un-salted should be refrigerated, same as milk.

1st bottle of hand sanitizer $4, 2nd bottle of hand sanitizer $95.

Apply to other products as needed.

1st bottle of hand sanitizer $4, 2nd bottle of hand sanitizer $95.

Apply to other products as needed.
It is wonderful how price and demand are related.

TP is gone from here to the next state up at least, paper towels almost gone but strangely no one is grabbing the Kleenex. At first all the canned beans and bagged rice was gone but they restocked and a week later it seems the demand for them has gone down. Canned meat was also strangely safe and not in demand, but everyone's decided to bake now and I haven't seen a bag of flour in two weeks.

We have pull-down bulk containers of beans/rice/granola/etc in the organic aisle in my store, those have all escaped the demand from most shoppers (I guess only a small group like to shop in the 'hippie' aisles). Luckily for me I'm a hippie so more rice/beans for me

Edit: misspelled a word

Here it is all paper products gone, including paper plates.

Well... you know... when all the TP they bought is gone, they'll starting using the paper pl... Never mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom