Volunteering in Coz.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skookumchuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all, I find that I have a difficult time filling the hours that I'm not diving in Cozumel. Is there an organization that I could volunteer my time with? I'd like to make sure that I'm not doing something for free that a local could be making a living at. I've spent my entire life in construction so something like Habitat for Humanity would be ideal but I'm open to anything.
Andrew.

Hi all, I find that I have a difficult time filling the hours that I'm not diving in Cozumel. Is there an organization that I could volunteer my time with? I'd like to make sure that I'm not doing something for free that a local could be making a living at. I've spent my entire life in construction so something like Habitat for Humanity would be ideal but I'm open to anything.
Andrew.

What a great idea, kudos to you. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

if you are there during turtle hatching season you could always help with the rescue program

Andrew.
Hi Andrew. The Cozumel Humane Society always has a project or two and repairs that need to be made. When are you coming down here? I can put you in touch with Lisa Ramirez, president of the Humane Society or Natalia Pescador who is the Director. There are numerous projects around there and I am sure they could use your help. Thank you!
Jennifer

Hi Jennifer, I was planning for June but that's up in the air now. When I do return I will be sure to get in contact with you or the society.
Thanks all.

Like NDL_Diver said, we volunteer with the CCRRP. Much of what we do is to clean the coral garden platforms and and brush the algae off the corals but we feel that it is worthwhile. We tend to run into many of the same people each time we go so it's a good way to make friends with like-minded people. We are old and usually only do one dive per day in the coral gardens but if you still have the energy then the Humane Society would probably be my next choice.

Back
Top Bottom