Dive Rite regulator servicing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I charge $30 per stage labor plus parts. If you provide a factory sealed service kit, I only charge labor. Turnaround is usually 48 hours unless I have to order specific replacement parts not in the kit.

I have a Diverite RG 2500 package that has not been rebuilt since the day I bought it (about 2008). It was used heavily for 2 years, then it sat stored in a Rubbermaid container in my basement till now. If I rebuild the first, second, and octo on my own, what tools do I need to check and adjust them with when done? I shouldn't have any issues rebuilding them the instruction manual is incredible and I do a lot of my own work on cars and small motors. I'm worried about setting them up properly when done, I don't have the equipment. Any suggestions for what tools I need to adjust them when done rebuilding?

I have a Diverite RG 2500 package that has not been rebuilt since the day I bought it (about 2008). It was used heavily for 2 years, then it sat stored in a Rubbermaid container in my basement till now. If I rebuild the first, second, and octo on my own, what tools do I need to check and adjust them with when done? I shouldn't have any issues rebuilding them the instruction manual is incredible and I do a lot of my own work on cars and small motors. I'm worried about setting them up properly when done, I don't have the equipment. Any suggestions for what tools I need to adjust them when done rebuilding?
I'm not smart on Diverite regs, but in general having the tools to rebuild regs covers the physical adjustments. A cheap IP gauge that plugs into the BCD hose, and a bucket of water are all that's truly needed for checking the adjustments.
IP gauge example: Compact IP Gauge (PSI and BAR)
Bucket method for cracking pressure:

You must have an IP gauge.

An inline 2nd stage tool is convenient, but not a requirement. A magnehelic gauge is nice, but not also necessary. You can also lower your 2nd stage in a bucket. Dont make adjustments without simultaneously purging to avoid seat damage.

I have many 1208s.....

You must have an IP gauge.

An inline 2nd stage tool is convenient, but not a requirement. A magnehelic gauge is nice, but not also necessary. You can also lower your 2nd stage in a bucket. Dont make adjustments without simultaneously purging to avoid seat damage.

I have many 1208s.....
Don't I also need this tool?: Second Stage In-Line Adjusting Tool w/IP Gauge

They can help, but not needed. I tune second stages by just depressurizing the reg, remove hose from second stage, make adjustment, put together finger tight, check cracking pressure, repeat until desired result achieved.

Edit: Ninja'd by Rhwestfall!

There are also less expensive in-line adjustors...

and for that price I'd use one (I do)!

You can even add an in-line shut off and a short hose (if wanted) and still be below the price of that other one...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom