Day room or pool access after LOB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveUAE

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I've searched a few sites and found people saying they booked pool access at the hulhule island hotel, stating it's expensive. I've checked the hotel web page, but it has no prices for day use. Prices for 1 night stay are very expensive.

We disembark around 9am, my husband and I fly out 6.10 pm but my SIL does not fly until 11.25 pm.

We did a LOB in Maldives in 2013, and I remember we had a day pass to a hotel, but not sure which one, how we booked or how much we paid:-/

What have others done, after the LOB? How did you book it? I know, we don't want to spend the day in Male or in the airport;-)

My experience at Hulhule was a ridiculous price for the day. It had been gifted to me which was really nice, however, there was no room on any beds in the shade and the pool was in full blistering sun. I ended up paying the difference between the day rate and an even more insane rate for a room but managed to get a nice nap in before my late plane.

The following trip, I got a different hotel on Hulhulame island (airport island) that looked over the beach on opposite side of island. It had a small pool on the rooftop and a little restaurant on the main that served decent food. It was not a resort so no alcohol served but price was decent. My friend and I spent the night, wslked the beach, wandered around the little village a bit. It was quite a pleasant experience, all in all. Let me know if you'd like me to point in that direction. It's been 3 years but I can't imagine it would be that changed since it's fairly new. It's also not the only place on thst side. There were others that were a bit more $ and some a bit less $

There is a new resort complex called "CROSSROADS Maldives" opened near Male. They offer day package. The Largest Lifestyle Hub in the Indian Ocean with 2 Resorts, 15 Dining Venues, 20+ Lifestyle Brands in One Destination. It is 15-minute boat ride from Male to Crossroad.

Tickets to The Marina @ CROSSROADS Maldives can be bought in cash (USD and MVR accepted) at the MTCC Hulhumale Ferry Terminal at Male'.

Ferry Timings: 11:00 am to 11:30 pm, departing every 30mins.

Ferry Rates and entrance rates (Including Return):
Locals: MVR 160
Expats: MVR 160
Tourist: MVR 660
(USD$1 = MVR 15)

CROSSROADS Maldives

reviews:
The Marina @ CROSSROADS Maldives - | TripAdvisor

My experience at Hulhule was a ridiculous price for the day. It had been gifted to me which was really nice, however, there was no room on any beds in the shade and the pool was in full blistering sun. I ended up paying the difference between the day rate and an even more insane rate for a room but managed to get a nice nap in before my late plane.

The following trip, I got a different hotel on Hulhulame island (airport island) that looked over the beach on opposite side of island. It had a small pool on the rooftop and a little restaurant on the main that served decent food. It was not a resort so no alcohol served but price was decent. My friend and I spent the night, wslked the beach, wandered around the little village a bit. It was quite a pleasant experience, all in all. Let me know if you'd like me to point in that direction. It's been 3 years but I can't imagine it would be that changed since it's fairly new. It's also not the only place on thst side. There were others that were a bit more $ and some a bit less $

Thank you! Was hoping for a place with alcohol, but it may just turn out to be too expensive for what we need. Do you still remember the name of the hotel? I was looking at prices on hulhumale, and indeed prices are much better outside the resort.

There is a new resort complex called "CROSSROADS Maldives" opened near Male. They offer day package. The Largest Lifestyle Hub in the Indian Ocean with 2 Resorts, 15 Dining Venues, 20+ Lifestyle Brands in One Destination. It is 15-minute boat ride from Male to Crossroad.

Tickets to The Marina @ CROSSROADS Maldives can be bought in cash (USD and MVR accepted) at the MTCC Hulhumale Ferry Terminal at Male'.

Ferry Timings: 11:00 am to 11:30 pm, departing every 30mins.

Ferry Rates and entrance rates (Including Return):
Locals: MVR 160
Expats: MVR 160
Tourist: MVR 660
(USD$1 = MVR 15)

CROSSROADS Maldives

reviews:
The Marina @ CROSSROADS Maldives - | TripAdvisor

Thanks! I did have a look at this, and to be honest it confuses me - what exactly is included in the return price/entrance fee? Where can we store our (extensive) luggage? Is there a pool we can lay by and relax? Is alcohol served by beach/pool?
We're not looking for shopping or activities (though good snorkeling would be nice), just a place to chillax and freshen before our flight:)
I've emailed the (whatever?) Hilton there, to ask, if they do day passes, so let's see, what they offer.

621359_14090616090021915302.jpg

Airport Beach Hotel in Hulhumale

Thank you! Was hoping for a place with alcohol, but it may just turn out to be too expensive for what we need. Do you still remember the name of the hotel? I was looking at prices on hulhumale, and indeed prices are much better outside

Airport Beach Hotel

The rooms are small but each of 4 separate rooms feed into a "private" (private to the 4 separate rooms) lounge kitchenette area. That's actually how you enter. You go into the "private" lounge once off the elevator and then into your truly private room with private ensuite bath.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom